Converting Garage to Usable Space Questions

well cynthia,, yu sure do ask alot of questions:) first of all i built a new shop and went with concrete floor couldn't spend the necessary dollars to make a wood one,, in your case from my side of the world i would leave it as is and just use matts,,save yur dollars for more important things.. yup darrens idea is good but costly, yu are gonna need space for your vehicles and your hubbys fancy car for sure,,,, now for the door ideas,, i have a over head for the big stuff but its insulated and its on the wood room.. in your case i would do as chuck and others say and make the one door a wall and then put in a 6ft french door for light and access.. but yu need to look at dollars once agin.. yu reall need to look at what yu and yuor hubby want in the future!! this isnt a quick decision to make yu need to take your time on this..

Ok now that we have determined flat is good enough, how about this. Stop and build some stuff. Just go out and have some fun in the shop. Make some birdhouses or something. Figure it all out then worry about the floor.

I have to agree with Larry on this. I have some mats on the floor in front of the lathe that make it easier to stand there for long periods. Comfy shoes go a long way too! :D

The added expense of a wooden floor could be used to buy more tools, lumber and a....did I mention more tools. :rolleyes: