Grizzly Tools-Muncy Pa.

allen levine

I just want to drop a quick note about this place.
I know everyone here has heard of them and alot purchase their products.
If youve never been to one of their locations, Im suggesting strongly you take a ride over and check it out.
Muncy location is just a tool buyer or tool admirers paradise.(not only grizzly brands)
Every tool is open, able to be handled, touched, examined, so youre not looking at pictures or boxes or have to read signs.
The sales help is actually helpful and if you ask something they dont know, they look it up or get someone to look it up.
They discuss their sale items with you, mentioning comparable products they have on sale, and they dont push anything.
The bits, and other parts are laid out neatly and make it easy to see each bit, blade, and order exactly what you want. Again, no pictures, the items are on display.
I will mention I found their castor selection very reasonably priced and I saw castors I ordered(12 of them), substantially less at grizzly then I just paid from another large woodworking catalog. My fault, but I went with free shipping.
I would recommend anyone who enjoys walking up and down tool aisles to visit this Muncy showroom. For me, I dont think Ive ever seen any tool place as large as this display, not even any of the borgs, not even close. And the staff at the borgs dont come close to the staff at Grizzly.

For the record, Im not employed by grizzly, dont own any shares in it, nor do I get anything ever for free from them. Im just sharing a very, very positive experience with everyone here.

I am a frequent visitor to the Springfield, MO Grizzly store and can ditto all your comments.
It is fun and educational to visit. And don't overlook their scratch and dent sale room. Bring yer check book. :rolleyes:

Bellingham is the same. Just wish that we didn't have the 2 hr ferry ride ( one way) and the peace arch boarder crossing to go through. Last week the news reported a a 4 hr wait at the crossing. Of course saying that and re thinking it I am glad that is is so difficult to get to or I would be broke all the time. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last week the news reported a a 4 hr wait at the crossing. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I came thru the border there at Blaine last weedend, it was VERY busy it being US Veterans Day and Canadian Remerance Day weekend, luckily we have a seperate crossing lane for my bus. :bliss: Weekends are always the worst time to cross the border. That being said, the good news is that Bellingham Grizzly isn't open on the weekends. During the week the border crossing is a breeze! :thumb:

no pics.... :rofl:

I posted a picture of what the entrancway looks like outside. The inside you can just look at any picture in the catalogs, the store looks exactly like that.
My wife shot some pics of me trying to cram the stuff into what little space we had left in the car, but my wife prefers not to have any of them posted.

So Allen - how was the drive?

I've never been to Grizzly but I did make a number of runs to Lewisburg PA during the years my brother attended Bucknell University. Grizzly is north of Lewisburg at about the same east/west location.

I-80 used to be amazing - every other block of the interstate would be jackhammered out and replaced for miles. The next trip they would be doing the opposite blocks. The third trip it seemed like they we back to replacing the original blocks.

Google has it at 3 hours 15 minutes but I'm remembering Bucknell was 4+ hours.

I need to make a journey to tool mecca some time.

Cheers

Jim

I stopped for gas somewhere in Jersey, but I made it from their parking lot to my driveway(western nassau county) in a bit under 4 hours. No traffic, not even on the GW bridge.
Going I hit a bit of traffic in Philly, but theres always traffic in Philly, but I was on south Jersey shore, so that was about my only option at the time.

I second what Allen has said about Grizzly. I even drove there all the way from Canada.:thumb: Trouble is i did not take a big enough vehicle thank goodness or i would have had a huge issue with my credit card company.

Very hard to resist all sorts at Grizz. They got a winning formula to me.:thumb: