Built in bookcase

Jeb Taylor

Christmas present for my sister in law. It's going to be a built in cabinet that sits underneath the bar at her house. Keeps the kids from whacking their heads on the corner of the countertop too. It's a challenge since I've moved, still haven't figured out where to put everything yet in the new garage.

Finished the case and all the panel parts this weekend. Still have a few more doors to glue up, then finishing.

Attachments

• IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 83
x2 looking good so far.

Me three. :thumb:

Jeb, I've got the same little Ryobi sander, and despite Ryobi's reputation for lower-end tools, I love mine. I've used it a lot, and used it for long periods of time, and it just keeps on going. I'm definitely getting good bang for my buck with that tool.

I've got a lot of miles on that thing, but it's starting to wear. A few months ago something happened, now it vibrates like crazy. I figure it's on its' last legs. I'll keep you posted on the bookcase. Hopefully I can get everything but the finish on before my hand surgery thursday. Install will be in december sometime though.

Here's the semi-finished product. Took a while with one hand, but I got a little help. Finished with wipe on box store stain and minwax wipe on poly. The top isn't really exposed, but it got stained anyway. Probalby a little bit will be visible under the cabinet.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

Cabinet parts stained with the help of my wife.

IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

Ready to install under the counter/bar. I have a stained piece of trim/baseboard that will be put in too.

Nicely done Jeb.:thumb: I have a ryobi 5" ros sander and I find I like it more than the porter cable 5" ros one I have. I've had it as long as I can remember and the bearing is just starting to sgueal.