Another Vase or HF

Here is another vase in the series that I am making. The first was red and this one is a plain maple stained cherry. I also textured the top for a little decoration and a different opening. It is 9 1/2" across and 3 1/2" high. It is finished with cabot poly from Lowes. Saw it on sale and tried a can of it. Kinda has a softer feel to it than minwax and not quite as shiney for a gloss.

Attachments

• Maple Dyed to Cherry 4.jpg
    Maple Dyed to Cherry 4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Maple Dyed to Cherry 3.jpg
    Maple Dyed to Cherry 3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Maple Dyed to Cherry 2.jpg
    Maple Dyed to Cherry 2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 20
I like the wood and the texturing, Bernie. :thumb: I'm not that fond of the sharp edged shoulder (and I've turned some of them myself), but others will probably like it more because it has the sharp transition. ;)

Thanks again. I agree Vaughn you either love them or dislike them. I made a series of 4 and will put them in the Art Gallery to see if they will sell. If not got some gifts for next Christmas for sure. I am going to make a couple of more for playing around with my airbrushing system I just bought. We will see how that goes.:rofl:

Another space ship.

I agree with Vaughn on the shape. Though, I think it is ok to get out of the norm every once in a while. You have to experiment. Technique can get in the way of creativity.