Safety Switch ??

Bob Gibson

I'm probably the only one who is dumb enough to need one of these.
I almost always unplug my table saw and most other tools when I'm done using them. I'm just nervous that someone will come downstairs and hit a switch and get hurt.
Every so often I get ready to make a cut on the TS, push the on switch and realize I have the saw unplugged. I go plug it in and the saw starts up. I forget to hit the off switch because it was never on. Some day it's going to happen when something is near the blade and launch it across the room.
It would be nice to have a switch that automatically turns to the off position or wont turn on if there is no power to it.

Doesn't Rockler or Woodcraft have something like that? It is set up for a power failure. When the power goes down it trips and won't restart until reset. You might be able to use something like that.

Bob you will need to install a magnetic contactor to do what you are wanting. With any power interruption it will drop out and you need to push the start button to re start your machine.
Chuck

two things here.. one i have a disconnect right below the saw table to hit while changing blades,, and two the switch is magnetic one that needs to be turned to turn on after it is off.. that keeps me safe.. and if i am gonna be gone and the possibility of the shop having someone else in there the disconnect is on the off position.