Friday's here

Put final coat (coats maybe) of poly on the counter tops, install the last 3 cab doors, bring in the refrigerator and range and put in their new home and then wait for Tues when the plumber will come to install sink and hook up all plumbing and dishwasher:D:thumb:

Well, let's see...

Friday: Second coat of sealer/stain on our concrete patio. Start on sprinkler system.

Saturday: Mostly plan to have a restful day. Yeah, right!

Sunday: Fix brunch for LOML and me. Watch Jimmy win his fifth championship. Throw some ribeyes on the grill.

Depending on how much work I get done today, I'll get to take some time off next week. Probably still have to do a bunch of work/work over the weekend.

Planned activities are :
  • Ripping up some more parquet
  • A small amount of laminate work
  • Putting some carpet reducer around the edges of the laminate
  • Working on the Media Alcove
  • Building trusses for the shed.

Our daughter has a sleepover at granpma's tonight so LOML and I will be out on the town having a little fun. Tomorrow I'm delivery a comission of 7 bowls to a lady that gave me some wood a few months ago. Will be watching some football and relaxing the rest of the day and then Sunday I hope to do some turning and some shop cleanup too.

Digging a footer for a lally column in the crawl space to support the main beam under our kitchen tonight and re-installing the bridging for the joists I repaired a few weeks ago (still sitting on jacks).

The Tahoe got fixed the other night, so free'd up about 7 hours of my Saturday. Planning to work on installing a needed bracing over the side garage door of the shop. Previous owner cut out one post and installed the door without a header, so the roof sags a few inches in that area. Also planning to sealing the shop up some more once things are squared up.

Sunday I'm installing the lally column in the crawl space and buttoning things up down there for the winter.

Have to fit in building a bird house sometime too...may do some glue-up later tonight.

Depending on how much work I get done today, I'll get to take some time off next week. Probably still have to do a bunch of work/work over the weekend.

Planned activities are :
  • Ripping up some more parquet
  • A small amount of laminate work
  • Putting some carpet reducer around the edges of the laminate
  • Working on the Media Alcove
  • Building trusses for the shed.

Supervising all of the above :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Although I caught his cold, so maybe, just sleeping

I'll be turning and finishing various stuff in preparation for a 3-day show in Palm Springs starting the day after Thanksgiving. I also need to set up the photo booth and get caught up on a backlog of pictures I need to take of previously finished pieces, but that may not happen until the first part of next week.

Of course LOML will be wanting all the Christmas lights up and working, since I won't be home for the weekend after Thanksgiving, and we all know that the lights MUST be ready to go at 12:01 AM on Friday, or else the world will stop spinning. :rolleyes: I already got most of them hung (taking advantage of the nice weather earlier this week), but I still need to run power to them all and put up the remaining yard lights.

And on the side, I'll be replacing the DVD burner in a friend's Dell laptop so I can install Windows 7 on it for her.

...Although I caught his cold, so maybe, just sleeping

That Brent guy is such a giver, huh? :p

With the shed finally up I have been moving lesser used tools and supplies out of the shop. Lots more room now so a little re-org and clean up is called for. I love being able to work without tripping over or running into things ;-)

Let's see....
  • "painting" the cabinet doors and drawer fronts I built last weekend (is it really painting if I'm using water based, white lacquer?),
  • cutting to length, jointing, and planing the wood for 15 end grain cutting boards,
  • installing front brakes on my wife's Subaru,
  • going to see the new Harry Potter movie,
  • chaperoning five 14 year old girls at a sleep over, and
  • watching as much of the Seahawks game as I can stand.