Imperial or Metric

Metric or Imperial

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post a question a little at a distance:):
I grew up with the metric system. In Hungary, only the metric system is used. The Celsius temperature measurement is. I think it is completely irrelevant to what we call it when something is measured. The problem will be if we want to do something with the values: add, subtract, multiply. And then you have the metric system is easier to believe.
Good, if the units are based on some physical properties can be linked together.
For example:
If you measure the circumference of the earth to 1 / 40 000 000 = 1 meter
1m x 1m cube = 1,000 liters = 1cubic meter
1 liter water = 1 kg
When the water boils = 100 degrees Celsius
If the water freezes = 0 Celsius:wave:

Jozef
It isn't a matter of the terminology. It is a matter of Yankee stubbornness resisting something we are not accustomed to being forced on us.
We still haven't forgotten that little party in 1776 that involved the British, muskets, rifles and such. :rolleyes:

Jozef
It isn't a matter of the terminology. It is a matter of Yankee stubbornness resisting something we are not accustomed to being forced on us.
We still haven't forgotten that little party in 1776 that involved the British, muskets, rifles and such. :rolleyes:

Yes. I understood. This argument is acceptable, but I am sure that soon the whole world will be a uniform size notation.:type:

József

Actually, aren't "fifths" really 750ml now?

Actually, I buy so little liquor I really don't know... the last bottle I got was a gift from my step son last summer... a bottle of Canadian Mist that's 1.75 liters... the other bottle in my cabinet is a bottle of Tequila (which isn't opened yet and has been in the cabinet for at least 2 maybe 3 years...) is a full liter.

Status
Not open for further replies.