I love getting a new widget.

Hey Karl, where did you get that thing. I've been looking for one of those that is about the size you have there as my shop size is somewhat limited too. That one looks like it might actually fit the bill. Please post the source and something about price or at least direct me to a website.

Karl can you also throw out how you made your extension table. The blue in the pic is so bright the detail is hidden. Did you buy it as a slab or is that particle or wood sandwhich covered in ?? formica?

Jim- I got it through a local machine dealer but it came directly from the factory. Apparently it was a demo unit, although it has seen more use than I would expect from a showroom environment.
Its made by Unique Machine. www.uniquemachine.com
I think I paid $3300 w/ tax for it, and another $455.49 to ship it from Phoenix

Rob- I used a piece of MDF, (had a chunk, and wanted to burn it up), with strips of plywood pocket screwed to the underside. All four edges and I think three in the middle. The plywood went on edge onto the underside of the mdf. I belt sanded all the edges smooth. It's 2-7/8" thick overall.
I put the rails on, measured the size wrong, built it, had the neighboring cabinet shop laminate the top and edges with some scraps they had, (I have zero plastic laminating equipment, or any laminate for that matter), then after I got it back realized I had made it an inch too short, I built up the back edge with a piece of 1" birch to fill the gap.

Its actually kinda cool looking. Its not nearly as blue as the picture makes it out to be. Its got more grey to it, and there is a pattern that is grey in the laminate.