Re-make Router fence

Ron Roase

I recently have made friends with our new Priest. I found out that he is very interested in woodwork. So I invited him to my shop,he was interested in finding out about useing a router. He said he had a router and a table,but didn't know how to put them to gather. So on his day off (Monday) as he works Sundays:rolleyes: He cam bye with both router and table.
Stock Bench top router table.JPG As you can see the fence was a diaster,no ajustment to speak of and unsafe. I just started over from scratch. Also they had some small little brackets to hold the router to the table...I replaced them with 5/16 socket head screws that screw into the router base.
Socket head screws ..screw into router base.JPG they hold it firm.
I also drilled and taped for a starter pin for odd shaped pieces.
Starter pin.JPG Added some pices to clamp the table to the bench
Pieces to clamp table.JPG
Then made the fence.that is ajustable and with dust collection.
Ajustable fence .JPG Back of fence.JPG Dust collection.JPG It will also accsept a feather board.
With feather Board.JPG It is small but will get him started, He will teach me to do some Relief Carving. Thats something that has always intrested me.
All Though the router is a small Ryobe with only a 1/4" collet and a 1" hole in the table at least he will get the idea of how it works. I am eager to show it to him next week, hope he will like it.:D:D:thumb::rofl:

Don,I dd'nt even think of it ,but thanks for the reminder. I will do so the next time we are togather again. I know he would get a lot out of Family Woodworking. There are so many helpfull people here,he could not find a better spot to check out.:thumb:

Nice work Ron :thumb: I might have to take a couple ideas from that to update my router fence. I've got a sacrificial board that can be replaced, but like the way the two pieces slide in from each side of the bit.

You just gave me some ideas for my router fence remake Ron. I just happened to get some 3/4" veneer core plywood from work with white laminate on both sides I'm gonna use for mine.:thumb:

Great improvements Ron. I have the plans for Norm's table but I'm still using my old PC table. I'll use some of your ideas improving the PC one until I get enough ambition to build the new one.:thumb::thumb: