2010 the year of the illness?

What is going on here? How many of the members have made it so far without illness or injury?

We have had 3 shoulder surgery's, bike wrecks, cancers, fingers in blades, and what ever I am forgetting.

Is anybody healthy?

Don't reply if you have made it this far.................

Lessee... Skin cancer surgeries (3) in February. Gall bladder & hernia surgeries in September. And two more skin cancer surgeries in November.

I think I'm done for this year, but there's still some year left, so I can't be sure.:dunno:

Lessee... Skin cancer surgeries (3) in February. Gall bladder & hernia surgeries in September. And two more skin cancer surgeries in November.

I think I'm done for this year, but there's still some year left, so I can't be sure.:dunno:

Best of luck Jim

Let's see. Heart attack on February 14 - easy to remember heart on heart day! No, I didn't plan it that way!!! Coronary artery bypass surgery on February 17 - heart stopped beating as they started surgery; shocked me twice to get it started again so they could finish cutting me. Overall, doing OK now. All systems functioning - most of the time! :thumb:

Let's see. Heart attack on February 14 - easy to remember heart on heart day! No, I didn't plan it that way!!! Coronary artery bypass surgery on February 17 - heart stopped beating as they started surgery; shocked me twice to get it started again so they could finish cutting me. Overall, doing OK now. All systems functioning - most of the time! :thumb:

Seems strange that they resarted you when the next step is to go on Bi-pass machine and stop the heart ??? :huh: Guess they wanted to see if you would pull through befor wasting their time...:wave:

Had a similar back in 2001. This ALS has gotten me down more than that surgery, staying perky is getting more difficult every day...:)

Seems strange that they resarted you when the next step is to go on Bi-pass machine and stop the heart ??? :huh: Guess they wanted to see if you would pull through befor wasting their time...:wave: ...
My heart stopped when they pushed the anesthetic. After shocking me twice, they quickly went in to see what was happening and found the two arteries that were about 95% clogged had collapsed. They tied two grafts to good segments of arteries and bypassed the clogged sections, so those areas of the heart are now "back-fed" to restore circulation. The surgeon had wanted to bypass another artery but the procedure on it would have required stopping my heart, which could have killed me with the earlier event. The third artery has about 40% blockage, so it's no big deal at this point - a stent will take care of it, if necessary.

As soon as I recovered from the immediate effects of surgery, I felt better than I had in years. The main thing I'm dealing with now is the side effects of cholesterol medication - muscle and joint aches and weakness.

You replied to my shoulder thread so it appears that I'm one of the three shoulder surgeries. This is really going to put a damper on the holidays. I haven't gotten confirmation yet, but it appears that the job I had only been working on for twenty minutes hasn't gone bye-bye. I called the customer Wed. evening from the ER and told him I'd get back to him when I knew more. Well they didn't discharge me until 6:00 on Friday so I called him this afternoon to try and figure out what we could work out. When I called, his sister answered the phone because he and his wife had gone to the MSU/Purdue football game and she was babysitting. She asked how things were going and she said that she's pretty sure that they're going to be willing to wait for me to heal and do the job then. That's GREAT news to me at this point. The only down side is that most of the profit will probably be eaten up by co-pays and deductibles. :( So I've got a job lined up as soon as I'm healed but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need to use most of it go pay off medical bills.

John

I had my emergency hernia surgery last year.. an umbilical hernia just above the belly button... I look like a gutted fish now, but back in the full swing of things.... worst for me now is I've developed a case of hives from one of the woods I was turning last week... I itch from the top of the head, ears, neck and upper chest right down to my toes... a little benedryl helps with the itch, but makes me so drowsy, can't get anything done, so restrict that for the night so I can sleep... but all in all this has been a good year for me.. :thumb:

Some back and hip problems. herniated disk. Bladder and prostate issues. But still alive and kicking.:thumb:
Lost over 60 lbs so far. Funny how that seems to have solved much of the back and breathing problems.:D:D

Let's see....March, broken foot. May first, retired. Not an injury...but a good feeling. October, back surgery, herniated disc and 2 pinched nerves. Just starting to feel back to normal. November 11th, shoulder surgery, got lucky here, the rotator cuff wasn't torn after all, but the collar bone needed to be shortened and scraped down to prevent irritation to the cuff.

We're a pretty sick bunch, but at least we are all here to complain about it!:thumb:

I'm one that has not been around in a while. Had knee replacement surgery in January. Once I started to get better, work got busy and I haven't had much time for the shop. But, things are looking better and I've started to have time for the shop in the last few weeks.