Aluminum inlays ??

Drew Watson

I know I have seen the link before to this but for the life of me I can't seem to find it now. Can someone point me in the right direction please. I think it was aluminum powder or copper powder or something like that mixed up with either CA glue or an epoxy? Am I tweeking anyone with this? I was looking in a craft store today and asked but no one seemed to know what I was talking about.

Not sure where to find aluminum, but I know some folks get brass filings by the Baggie-full from locksmiths and key shops.

Belzona and loctite I think have some "castable" aluminum products which are basically expoxy resins with a lot of aluminum dust mixed in. Part of their metal repair products... Not sure if that's what you're talking about or not.

Thanks Chuck that is similar to the product that was talked about. ( damn I hate getting old and forgetting things so much). :bang:

I should hope so..... If your thinking about the right thread it was me and Peter talking about it. :rofl::rofl:
Well it was more like him telling me about it.:rofl::rofl:

So Chuck you going back to do a Peter fix to your bowl?:)

No I can't cause I think I sold it this summer:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I did how ever fix a mug this summer with the brass powder. Can't prove it though. I fixed it and gave it back with out taking a pic of it.:thumb: