Shop under construction, on wheels

Steve Callis

My shop is under construction and is being built on the steel frame of an old mobile home. I just passed my first inspections for electrical and structure. My aim is to have the shop mostly finished by the middle of summer. I say mostly finished because is a shop ever finished, changes are being made and equipment is being added even as projects are being built.

For photos please go to the link to photo bucket below.

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h443/orsillac/

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome, thanks Steve in Oregon

That's a pretty cool idea. If you move, you could take it with you!

But it's probably nice to have the shop at bed height for a truck to unload things.

Keep us posted!

that is a clever use of a trailer, you can have it set up so raw materials in and the finished product out the back even. now if you could get another one to connect to it on the side WOW! so many possibilities..well done looking forward to seeing the rest of your build..:thumb::thumb:

Thanks for the kind comments. The height of the loading dock is about 8 inch above my pick up bed. i guess I could take the wheels and axles off and lower the shop, but that does sound like a lot of work, maybe at some later date.

That's a great idea, Steve. :thumb: Seems like a fast and economical way to get a building in place. Larry's idea of a double-wide would also be very cool.