mini router bit???

Frank Fusco

When I set up my shop and bought tools for it I did so with no real experience in a shop. Even though my father was a professional he never taught me anything beyond how to handle a broom.
I made some good choices and some misteaks.
One of the mistakes was buying hole cutter. It is a Grizzly cordless.
http://grizzly.com/outlet/18V-Cordless-Cut-Out-Tool/H0599
Well made tool, no gripes there. But, thus far has proven useless. I had intended to use it as a mini-router to decorate holes cut-outs and such.
But, so far, I haven't found decent mini-router bits. I bought a set of el-cheapos and they would make interesting lapel pins. :rolleyes:
Lately, I have seen a 'new' tool by Dremel that, supposedly, is a mini-router and they sell bits for it.
The ? is, anyone here ever used them? I don't want to waste money.
Or should I just chuck the whole concept?

Frank,
Woodline used to sell a set of small/miniature router bits - with ¼" shafts - that work very well in small routers like the Trend, or in a laminate trimmer. There are over a dozen profiles in the set, and it wasn't very expensive. Maybe they still sell it. Chek their website.

mini router bits

Frank, I know about another kinda useless tool I bought from DeWalt a corded
version of the same cut out tool that you posted here.

As far as a mini router goes....I like a Dremel or copy of one, have used them for years and they do and good job for what they are. I use the 1/8" router bits they sell and they are some good quality cutting tools for sure. I even bought the plunge router base and it works surprisingly well for a small detail router.

I first started using Dremel tools in my business about 10 or 12 years ago...they haven't disappointed me yet. Most locksmith's use them on a regular basis
for their daily work also.:thumb:

I used to use a 1/4" wide straight bit (1/8" shaft) on my Dremel with a router base for routing out pickup cavities on electric guitars. I've seen some sets of mini bits. Here's one I found, although I have no idea what sort of quality it might be...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ZQZC0H7FC2EVJ456WS1

Old post resurfaces. :D
Those look exactly like a set I have already. Except mine are gold titanium plated. Duller than a butter knife. :(
But, thanks for thinking of me.