Old man winter is here

Drew Watson

As surprising as it is here on the wet coast we are under a blanket of the white stuff. Snowed all day here in Victoria pretty heavy out here in langford. Had the vehical in 4x4 mode all day which was painful following behind people going 20 km hr (10 miles hr) all over the place very frustrating. Traffic ground to an almost stand still. Cynthia your lucky that you came down when you did. It is suppose to dip down below freezing for the next few days all over the province and it isn't even winter yet. I hear it is going down to -34 in the interior not including the wind chill. For those that don't know -40 is the same celcius and ferinheight. Brrr I remember days like that when I worked in the interior. I hear that eastern Canada is in plus temps so what gives there? Global warming at it's best. :doh:

Nope you are wrong, ol' man spring is here. We just got ourselves a tornado warning. Good till 4 am. Ain't the weather great.

Steve the same front (storm) just left us about 1 hour ago... hail - wind- rain.

a tornado was spotted near Springfield Mo.. but not real near me.

paul

Drew, it's awful here. Really cold. Glassman is ready to move somewhere else, and we haven't even unpacked here yet! :rofl: :rofl: After 20 years in Calgary, this doesn't bother me for a couple of days. I don't mind, but my bulldogs are not impressed. Vaughn, you had to wear a jacket, poor baby. It's colder in my backyard than in my freezer--so you can come inside and get into the freezer to warm up!

Got to the upper 70's on the beach today....but it is getting cold at night...lows in the upper 50's

My daughter sent some pics, it snowed up in Kelowna and is now somewhat cold, -13C but is supposed to hit -22C for a low on Wednesday, I guess she is really going to experience a Canadian winter :D I hope she does not have to wait too long out at the bus stop to catch the bus to school! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

erika_snow_nov_2010_a.jpg erika_snow_nov_2010_2.jpg erika_snow_nov_2010_3.jpg

And I got pics to prove it :D

Just steped outside to look at the thermometer and it is reading -10 ( 14 ferenheight) not including the wind chill factor. Brrr and the wind she is a blowin. More Brrrrrr. I worked outside up in Fort McMurray in -50 and it didn't feel as cold as it does here.

Oh yea Vaughn I put a coat on today too just bigger and thicker than yours. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

70's in Ohio.....

My wife and I were putting up the outside Christmas stuff today and I had to change into a tee shirt. I'd much rather have it colder here right now, but they're calling for chance of snow on Friday... maybe it'll get back to normal

Aw, quityerwhinin' you guys :D, it's only a bit of winter, not roadside bombs!

And, it's time to post this again, to remind you where we come from:

50°F - New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Canadians plant gardens.

40°F - Californians shiver uncontrollably. Canadians sunbathe.

35°F - Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive with the windows down.

32°F - Distilled water freezes. Canadian water gets thicker.

20°F - Floridians wear coats, gloves & wool hats. Canadians throw on a t-shirt.

15°F - Californians begin to evacuate the state. Canadians go swimming.

0°F - New York landlords finally turn up the heat. Canadians have the last cook-out before it gets cold.

-10°F - People in Miami cease to exist. Canadians lick flag poles to see if their tongue will stick.

-20°F - Californians fly away to Mexico. Canadians throw on a light jacket.

-40°F - Hollywood disintegrates. Canadians rent some videos.

-60°F - Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl Guides begin selling cookies door to door.

-80°F - Polar bears begin to evacuate Antarctica. Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

-100°F - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173°F - Ethyl alcohol freezes. Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-297°F - Microbial life survives on dairy products. Canadian cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

-460°F - ALL atomic motion stops. Canadians start saying "Cold 'nuff for ya?"

-500°F - Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

Peter, currently in Balmy Charlottetown, -5C, a few flurries. :wave:

Sorry Pete i aint been here that long but i can tell you it will be much colder than that before the Maple Leafs win anything.:rofl::rofl:

Go Habs Go:thumb:

Sorry Pete i aint been here that long but i can tell you it will be much colder than that before the Maple Leafs win anything.:rofl::rofl:

Go Habs Go:thumb:

We're on the same page there Rob!!!!!:rofl:

And Drew, East coasters exaggerate??
Never!
But, did you happen to see the pic that circulated a while back about the guy in NB that had a moose trained to yard logs?......

Peter, that was great. :rofl:

I don't know how you Canucks (and Northern US) folks handle the cold. I'm OK down to about 0º F, but I'd rather stay somewhat above that if I can. I don't mind snow, though. You're right about Californians (at least the Southern ones) being wimps when it comes to cold. My native SoCal wife is "freezing to death" below about 60º F. :rolleyes:

Drew,

It was +10c yesterday as I biked to work. I missed the rain, but there was a thunderstorm in the late morning.

But your weather is coming our way (durn jetstream)... Looks to be closer to zero in a few days.

I put the winter tires on the minivan on Saturday, and I swapped to my winter bike yesterday, so I'm ready! :thumb: