SU-changing sizes

Jeff Horton

First, I want to say I spent an hour on the phone with Super Dave this week going over some things on Sketch Up. To say Dave knows his stuff is an understatement! Dave, those tips have been a big help! Still have not grasp everything we discussed but I can do a lot of things better than I was.

Now the question. I was working on the overhead cabinet for the laundry. I have a cabinet designed and I find out my that it is 2" to long once I put in the overhang on the top. No big deal to move shorten the shelves and bits and peices 2". But, what about the cabinet door?

It's a flat panel door. 2" rails and stiles. Lets say 24" wide x 36" tall and now it needs to be 22" wide. Is there a way to use the scale tool or some other tool to keep the rails and stiles 2" and narrow the door the 2"? Or is it just a matter or moving the different surfaces 2"?

Jeff

Last edited:
You shoud be able to draw a box around the parts you want to move and move everything at once. I think that will get you what you want.

Aaron got you on track while I was off doing someting else like sleeping. Glad he got you on the track. For those that might not have followed it, here is a short video clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrGhfNyyEsI Before moving the geometry I switched to wire frame so you could see what was selected. Remember that the direction in which the selection box is drawn is very important. Left to right is the key for this one.

Jeff, thank you for the nice words. I'm glad I wable to help you out. I defintely enjoyed talking to you.

Dave