Custom Molding Question - Order of Cuts

And apparently he can get to his tools. I'm still trying to get the garage set up to make the cuts.

At least I found the piece of wood I want to use...

And apparently he can get to his tools. I'm still trying to get the garage set up to make the cuts.

At least I found the piece of wood I want to use...

The first step in that is to walk away from the PC.
You can do it just get up and walk away.:thumb:
Really just say no to PC using:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just came in to get the camera. Still out there getting things ready.

Got the saw moved, cause I need more space behind it, then had a bunch of 'stuff' in the way, so somehow got sidetracked into going through all my solvents and finishing supplies and paint. How did I ever collect so much? Why is it all in my way? Arrrgggg....

Ok, LEaving the PC for a few hours again...

got sidetracked last night while trying to get enough room lined up to do the cuts I need to do.

Why do I have 3 gallons of Lacquer Thinner, 2 of Denatured Alcohol, a gallon of Xylene, 2 gallons of acetone, 5 gallons of kerosene (well, that's for the heater at least) probably 50 cans of spray paint, 10 black, 10 white, and a bunch of other assorted paint, finishes, and other solvents? Oh yeah, cause when I can't find one, I put it on the list, then go to the store and then buy in bulk so that I won't run out again! I have a lifetime supply of most of these solvents.

So I went through, consolidated, and got rid of all the old, empty, and dried up stuff and put everything into organizer bins.

Then I had to move the tablesaw and clear a path 22 feet long so I can run the 10 foot board through it. Just glad I made my workbench the same height as the tablesaw :thumb:

Anywho, just finished breakfast and am headed out to make some sawdust now...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ._00_WEB_NIKONS1_20101126_192244_4001.jpg
    ._00_WEB_NIKONS1_20101126_192244_4001.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 18
  • WEB_NIKONS1_20101126_192314_4002.jpg
    WEB_NIKONS1_20101126_192314_4002.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 18
Brent, I would laugh harder at your predicament, but I would be laughing at myself too. I have just two more house projects to complete and then I am calling a halt until I focus on completing the shop related projects so I can then efficiently work on the house related projects again.

yes it is sharon he showed us pictures of it all done!!! but i havnt seen the cabinets all done have yu??? cant imagine rebecca puttin up this long with his procastination.. he likes his soups that she makes but if things dont start gettun done he will have less in those great soups, i bet:)

Larry's right the fence is done. The kitchen cabs are another story. Uppers are all done and I have put off the lowers until after redoing the shop. Funny that you mention it as today, I am reshuffling things around in the shop and moving some of the lower components that I cut out, up to the shop attic to get them out of the way for the next couple of months until I am ready to work on them again.

Well, got a bunch of molding made. Now time for a little hand sanding and then some finishing before I can put it down.

Lessons Learned. Flatten the rough stock first before cutting it to blanks. Would have been a lot quicker. I spent more time just getting the blanks sized and ready to go than I did cutting the molding parts.

Safety Gear, Check!
attachment.php

Stupid. Should have planed the rough stock first, then sliced it into blanks
attachment.php

Blurry, but this is cutting the angles on the right side of the fence. Think I've got enough feather boards and hold downs there? 2 feather boards and a board buddies...
attachment.php

Final Results, Should work ok
attachment.php

Some of them are a little wavy, but I'll be cutting them into shorter pieces anyway. Not too much burn for maple.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mould_01.jpg
    Mould_01.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Mould_02.jpg
    Mould_02.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Mould_03.jpg
    Mould_03.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Mould_04.jpg
    Mould_04.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Mould_05.jpg
    Mould_05.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Mould_06.jpg
    Mould_06.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 15
Brent, I would laugh harder at your predicament, but I would be laughing at myself too. I have just two more house projects to complete and then I am calling a halt until I focus on completing the shop related projects so I can then efficiently work on the house related projects again.

I hear you. I've just got to get the living room finished and then I'll spend some time on organizing the shop for good. And once I get the shed built I'll be able to move the fishing and boating equipment out of the shop.... :thumb:

you got that much of a lip between floors,,that looks to be over an inch of notch there or are you gonna trim them down some? if its that much a cloudy afternoon or the mourning after would trip alot of folks with that much change in floor hieght????

The subfloor to the top of the laminate is 7/8". This is just 1/8" taller than the previous combo of the parquet floor and the particle board it was on.

The previous carpet reducer didn't reach all the way to the subfloor, so the previous owners had installed it just by gluing it to the parquet using construction adhesive...

I made the notch 7/8" tall, so it would reach to the floor and I could pin nail it down, instead of gluing it to the laminate.

The carpet and padding will bump right up to this, so the difference in flooring height will be much more level than just looking at the molding would lead one to believe.

Here's a picture of the quality control officer checking it out in place...

Mould_07.jpg