1st post .....

Hello guys. I posted my initial greet in the proper forum but wanted to say HI to everyone here. My avatar has a pic of me with my 3 fav toys. My custom made TaylorMade R580XD driver , refurbished (by me ) Bailey No 4 type 11 & my NEWEST pride 'n joy, my Biesemeyer 40" commercial !:thumb:

I'll post some pics over the weekend of my first project with my new upgraded tools.
1. Ridgid 3650 w/ Biesemeyer 40" commercial fence
2. Grizzly GO555 bandsaw ( purchased from my friend , Don Taylor )
3. Grizzly G1182HW (also from Don Taylor)
4. Ridgid lunchbox planer
5. Hitachi M12v w/ Woodpeckers plunge lift.

I upgraded my tools in December and haven't been able to build anything until this week. I'm making a folding deck chair for my daughter. It is hanging from the rafters of my shop as we speak with the spar marine varnish drying ( 2nd coat)

Again , glad to be here and look forward to meeting some new friends .

Elliott

Hi Elliott,

Good to have another Florida member here. Great choice on the Biesemeyer fence. They are great. That is not to say that your other choices are not great but I did not comment on them as I do not have any of those particular tools. I do have Biesemeyer fence however.

Allen

I'm glad your favorite toys fit in your avatar...I'd have a hard time getting my 69 SS Chevelle, 3020 JD tractor and my Unisaw all in the same pic, I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad.....sounds like a song from the '70's:D

044_44-1.jpg

Welcome, Elliott!

I'm glad you put the #4 in there for scale. Cus that driver was making your head look kinda small :rofl:

Ha... yer a FUNNY guy , eh !

I see yer from CANADer , eh ! Well , I have to admit ....so am I. But don't tell no-one , OK ?

I came to FLA 17 years ago working with thoroughbred racehorses.My parents are from Saskatchewan but I was born in Whitehorse,Yukon terr. and grew up in Saskatchewan and NO ...I don't miss winter ! :doh:

Hi Elliott,

Good to have another Florida member here. Great choice on the Biesemeyer fence. They are great. That is not to say that your other choices are not great but I did not comment on them as I do not have any of those particular tools. I do have Biesemeyer fence however.

Allen
Hello Allen
Yes the Biesemeyer is pretty sweet ! It still isn't on my saw though. I'm going to build an enclosed cabinet around my saw to which I'll attach my Biesemeyer. Can't wait.

Welcome to the site. I would throw out the club, it just takes too much time away from the shop.:D

Hello , Jim.

Actually , I play golf in the summer & do most of my woodworking in the fall until spring. It's to hot to do any woodworking in the summer and the courses are too darn full in the winter with all the snowbirds. I kinda do a balancing act.
Though I've been known to play a few rounds in the winter and I've put a thing or two together in the heat of the summer. Gotta be flexible ya know ....

Nice to meet you .

Elliott

Welcome Elliot!

Hey, if Canucks that fly down in the winter are "Snowbirds" what are Canucks that fly down and forget to fly back..........? :D eh? (transplanted Canuck that I am).

Nice toys, never took to golf, but I found driving ranges to be fun :D

They call it "Tourist Season" So.... Why can't we shoot them? :dunno: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi there Chief! Welcome aboard!
I think yer gonna like it here.

DT

They call it "Tourist Season" So.... Why can't we shoot them? :dunno: :rofl: :rofl: lord knows I'd like to sometimes on the golf course. for some reason folks turn into "ball-hawks" hunting for balls in the woods holding everything up and forget the rules when they come here in the winter:huh: .

Hi there Chief! Welcome aboard!
I think yer gonna like it here.

DT
I like it here already , Don ! Thanks for the " heads-up " !
BTW ...I've been pondering your offer on that DC here the past few days as I'm constantly pulling the hose off one tool to fasten it to another then back to the saw ,back to the jointer back to... ....friggle-fraggle, blingin....:doh:

Elliott