More Shop Cleanup

glenn bradley

I am doing this in phases as the holiday season allows. It doesn't look like much but, all of this stuff used to be in my shop.

Shed 017.jpgShed 018.jpg

This is a continuation of my current efforts. I am classifying items in only 3 categories; 1 = I use it a lot and keep it right at hand. 2 = I use it frequently and it should be stored somewhere specific but still in the shop. 3 = I use it a few times a year and I am willing to walk the whole 50 feet to the shed to get it.

All items that cannot fit in these categories (or aren't hiding well enough to be missed) are summarily sold, given away or trashed (insert diabolical laughter here) Booo-hooo-hooo-whah-ha-ha :laugh2:

I'm seriously thinking of getting a shipping container out here to hide stuff in... But then I wouldn't have to get rid of it... :rolleyes:

Brent:

Be thankful your shed is only 50 feet away. I got the bright idea to place my shed at the back of my property. It's probably 150' from the garage to the shed. I've been known to hook up the trailer to the lawn tractor and move things around using that.

Your shed is nauseatingly clean.

Cheers

Jim

You gave me some incentive Glenn. I put in only 2 hours this morning in the shop and spent the rest of the day cleaning, and started to clean out the shed.
I now have stuff piled up to chest height, and can see all the wood I threw in the back of it, but I still cant get to it.

So I take it that this is the meeting place for all of us procrastinators who are just getting to Spring Cleaning??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I've been trying for about 5 weeks to get the shop clean. Still not there. Got in about 3 hours today. The finishing room that I recently put OSB up on the walls (that created the mess to clean up) is now cleared out, for the most part. The big welding table from my Dad is now out in the shed with the spiders, rats, possums and who knows what else. And with everything I had to move to get it out through the shop, I now have my scrap wood pile uncovered. Need to make or buy some shelving to put it on. It never ends!!
Glenn, we see what you took out of the shop, but what does the shop look like now??? Jim.

Well I took another step towards getting my shop clean. I sold the old craftsman 6" Joiner. I don't use it and it was just taking up space so I sold it to a guy who will put it to use. I also showed him this forum and he said he would check it out. His names Ron if he decides to join.

I am classifying items in only 3 categories; 1 = I use it a lot and keep it right at hand. 2 = I use it frequently and it should be stored somewhere specific but still in the shop. 3 = I use it a few times a year and I am willing to walk the whole 50 feet to the shed to get it.

All items that cannot fit in these categories (or aren't hiding well enough to be missed) are summarily sold, given away or trashed (insert diabolical laughter here) Booo-hooo-hooo-whah-ha-ha :laugh2:

Glenn, That's just plain disgusting! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've got stuff stuffed everywhere, and that's sure not likely to change!:eek:

You're a truly bad influence! :rofl::rofl: Maybe the Mods should remove this thread for poor taste! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glenn, we see what you took out of the shop, but what does the shop look like now??? Jim.

I plan to post a '2011 shop tour' thread so, now that I have room to turn around without knocking something else over, I'll try to push things into position and snap some pics come January :thumb:.

P.s. my shed already looks worse, I bought some walnut and padouk from a guy about a half hour from here. To make room to stack the wood, more stuff had to go . . . . to the shed.