Morus rubra and Liquidambar styraciflua

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
Traveld to Columbia Mo. to be with my Mother in Law for Thanksgiving.
The tree-service chainsaw had been busy. The street is lined with Sweetgum trees so I helped myself to the cut logs along the curb.
picture.php

A fraternity parking lot had a very fresh cut mulberry tree cut and sized on the ground. No students around so again I helped myself. I had eaten mulberries earlier in the year from the same tree.. good stuff.
picture.php

Returned home to SW Mo and cut the pith out and Achorsealed some of the logs.

picture.php

picture.php

Nice haul. Don't you love that hydraulic cart...they are such back savers. If I had used mine a few months ago when I should have, it would have saved me from this hernia scar :)

Dan: it wil last awhile .... I did not get but a few pieces ... Too heavy.. So I cherry picked. REAL heavy!

Ted I use the cart for many things. .. Kind of wish I had two of them.

Thanks to all for looking and sharing.

Paul

Nice haul.
You can tell an obsessed woodturner/worker by the fact he carries a chain saw everywhere. ;)
Tell us more, with pics, about the hydraulic cart.
Not quite Frank. An obsessed one would have filled the truck with all it could hold and be on his way back today to get another load.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not quite Frank. An obsessed one would have filled the truck with all it could hold and be on his way back today to get another load.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

..... and would have a lift gate on the truck, or one of those hand operated cares mounted so he could easily sling them big chunks onto the truck :D

great haul, I do sympathize with the problem of heavy wood, I can't lift much of anything at all right now, really sucks.

I do think you made out well, look forward to what you reveal from those chunks! :thumb: