Miter Slot issues - looking for guidance

Folks:

I have a Incra 1000-SE Mitre Gauge with the adjustable disks.

I have it adjusted so that it moves with a teeny bit of slop while it is in the center of the table top. If I move it towards the rear of the saw it binds as the first disk hits the last 2-3 inches of the slot. If I move it to the front of the saw it binds on the first 1-2 inches.

I have a Incra Mitre Bar in the sled which has the same issues. It has slop in the middle and binds at the perimeter.

That tells me it's the slots that are at issue. I'm going to look for a piece of bar stock to do some investigation with. I need to head for the local hardware store. The bar stock at the borg could pass for a pretzel.

Sorry for not supplying all these details before - I didn't really think it through - throwing a question out there and getting all these well thought out responses.

Jim

For your sled, it really doesn't matter if the runners don't fill the slots - SO LONG AS: they both ride snugly against either the inner or outer edges of the slot. They could only be a quarter inch wide, but so long as they 'pinch' the sled between the slots they'll still work.

Sure, full width runners are preferable, but they're not really mandatory.