Two Handy Gauges

Ron Roase

I saw a Jig put on by Dave Richards, And when I checked out the link he put on,it peeked my interest. I sent for the DVD but also got 2 extra disks that had additional jigs on them. The first one I made was for setting up my fence that I use for cutting 4x8 sheets of plywood. The second one I made was just a marking gauge,but useing a pencil instead of a sharp marking device. What intrieged me the most was the way Steve Maskery adapts the clamping presure to secure the moving parts on the gauges.
Pencil marking gauge.JPG

Set up for Redline rip Fence.JPG
Although they are a bid spendy because of the postage and the conversion from English pounds to US dollars ...... Still well worth the price of admission
One very clever guy, I put it on my laptop so I could have it in the shop as I was making them. Its called workshop Essencials.:D:thumb::thumb:

It works great Vaughn! I bought it a few years back from Eagle America. I bought three 52" sections. Two of them clamp togather so as to rip the full length of a 4x8 sheet of plywood. the single one is for cross cutting a sheet. There is a guide that you attatch to your skill saw. It rides in a chanel onthe track. With the gauge I show it takes into account of the saw off set. So all I have to do is set the currsor on my gauge to what ever I want to rip and just bump the fence up to it. From the under side of the track are a cam lock and that keeps it stationary. Then just run the saw down the track and it cuts to what ever you set on the gauge.:thumb:

Marking tools

These look like very useful tools ... I could have used the longer one a couple of days ago. Thanks for sharing this, I will investigate too. :)