Captive ring goblet

Very nice Drew. Those rings remind me of those hand-carved nested things
I always wondered how they did that........

Thanks Cynthia, Well I don't mean to point out the obvious but the hand carved nesting works are ...... well hand carved. Geez :rofl::rofl:

Good old fashioned whittling. One of my favorite vacation pastimes. I take some basswood and a few rudimentary carving tools, and some sharpening supplies. I've wasted plenty of hours sitting at a picnic table just wasting time trying to (and occasionally succeeding) at making stuff like that...

Good old fashioned whittling. One of my favorite vacation pastimes. I take some basswood and a few rudimentary carving tools, and some sharpening supplies. I've wasted plenty of hours sitting at a picnic table just wasting time trying to (and occasionally succeeding) at making stuff like that...

I have done that too Brent but I usually only just succeed in making a pointy stick. :rofl::rofl:

I have done that too Brent but I usually only just succeed in making a pointy stick. :rofl::rofl:

Mine usually ends up being what I would call 'outsider' art.... Basically something you would expect from a small child... :rofl: :rofl:

I did the caged ball once.

Carved an alien head and flying saucer when we stayed at Rachel, Nevada.

Made an carving of an 'Icthyosaur' when we stayed at the Berline Ichtyosaur state park here in Nevada.

It's something to do that doesn't involved computers, cell phones, or any type of electronic gadget. :thumb:

Looks really good!

I posted to this thread once before but maybe failed to Submit it... Old age mental problem for me I guess.

Shall we call you "the lord of the rings" now? Well Done:thumb:

As per the captive balls and chains they are not so difficult to do, chains specially can be made with a router, a drill a saw and a small rasp, if you have a fretsaw even better.