New at the forum, new house, new shop

Hi there.

I'm brand new at this forum, and I'm sorry to say based quite far away from most of you.
Having moved from a flat to a house with a much proper space to have a woodworking shop,(which is is empty at the moment) and having had the reward of someone who liked a project I made for him (for free) and wants to "sponsor" me with tools, I'm set to get a bandsaw and a jointer/thicknesser that will allow me to aim for more ambitious things than what I have up to now with hand tools, a hand drill and a hand circular saw.

They will not be heavy duty professional machines but rather good mid-range ones. I will post the evolution of my shop here and I will welcome any comments or suggestions from any of you.

I'm happy to be a member of this woodworking family, and I hope to be able to colaborate more, although there are a lot of fellow members with much more experience than me. Most of the time I feel like I'm getting more than I'm giving and I thank all of you for sharing your experience.

Last but not least, english is not my mother tongue and although I have good command of it, sometimes I miss the subtleties of the written language and either I misunderstand things or I write things that may be misunderstood.
So please let me rely on your forgiveness if this happens any time.

Best regards,

Toni

Wow! that has been a ligthning reply Jesse. I feel honoured.

Thanks for it. Don't worry I'll post as much pictures as I can. I'll show the progress of my shop and works of course.

Best regards

Toni

Welcome Toni. It will be great to get your perspective on things. We can all benefit from seeing how woodworking is carried out in different parts of the world.

By the way, if I lived that close to Barcelona, I don't think that I would be sorry.

Hi Frank.
Pleased to meet you,
By the way, if I lived that close to Barcelona, I don't think that I would be sorry.
you see this is what I was saying in my introductory message. Don't get me wrong but I don't feel sorry to be 20Km. away from Barcelona, in fact I'm born there and I lived there until 3 years ago. So this is what I meant when I talked about the subtleties of the written language.

Best regards

Toni

Welcome to the Family Toni :wave:

Looking forward to your input and your upcoming pictures.:type:

English is my mother language and people still don't understand me :huh:

Welcome to the Family Toni. We were in Barcelona a two years ago, beautiful city and we enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to a different perspective, and lots of pictures.

Hi Toni!:wave: Welcome to the site! It amazes me how small the internet has made the world. I look forward to seeing what you do! Don't worry too much about the language. At least you have learned ours:thumb: , which is more than I can say for myself:eek: ! I really would like to learn Spanish!

Hi, Toni. Welcome to The Family. I hope your move was in a direction "Away" from the direction of the Barcelona Airport. In 1985 I spent several months flying a Government mail contract leaving Grand Canaria late afternoon to Tenerife then to Barcelona, arriving about an hour before dark and we had a 2 to 3 hr layover there. In the summer months, the Mosquito Swarms there were FEROCIOUS at that time of the day. We felt like we needed a blood transfusion before we departed for Madrid, then back to Tenerife and Grand Canaria. It's beautiful there along the Mediterranean and you sure have some good Olives there, stuffed with those salty little salad fish (that I cannot remember the name of right now):eek: Congratulations on getting the "Shop Sponsor".

Hi there Toni, welcome aboard! :wave:

There is one thing I have found with the Internet making the world a smaller place. Those whose Mother tongue is other than English have taken the pains to learn and practice it as correctly as they are able.
No one butchers the language as we natives do. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You need never make an apology. We'll get along just fine. :thumb:
Just remember, if you want to type less, a Picture is worth a thousand words. ;)

DT