Another Friday

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Been waiting on Don all morning...looks like he slept in. ;)

Got xmas parties tonight and tomorrow night. Planning to install the chimney and stove in the shop on Saturday. Hopefully getting some warm shop time in on Sunday, but also have a memorial (celebration of life) to attend for a friends father.

Whatcha got going on?

Birthday party/dinner for my wife tonight with around 10 friends. No real plans the rest of the weekend, some shop time for sure though!

Friday: Plant a bottlebrush tree this afternoon. Watch the NASCAR Cup Awards tonight.

Saturday: Move some existing plants to new locations; trim some hedges.

Sunday: Chill out!!!!! ;)

Had to look that one up, never seen one before. Can the flowers be used for a bottle brush or are they pretty fragile? :)
The flowers are very fragile, but it produces a lot of them for months - almost year-round. It's a great hummingbird attractor and can be groomed as a shrub or tree. I got one that has been groomed as a single-trunk tree to place off the end of the deck I completed a few weeks ago.

Christmas decorations at my Dad's house tomorrow....He just had Hernia surgery, so I am turning my daughters into Christmas decorators for him.....and then on Sunday...they get to do our house. Should be interesting:D

Tomorrow returning one of the gilded frames and a painting I re-did for the customer and made the stretchers for the painting to fit the frame. I am not sure about how others will look at me finishing up a painting another artist had done but the customer was not happy with it and asked me to do my magic. So after a long debate with my physique I decided to do the work. Anyway after I deliver the work it's back to the tree stand on the farm in Va and back home for church and a date night with the wife on Sunday.

The one with the windows is how I received the painting. I just started removing the areas that were not pleasing to me. The customer is delighted with the finished work.

Attachments

• IMAGE_133.jpg
    IMAGE_133.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAGE_159.jpg
    IMAGE_159.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAGE_161.jpg
    IMAGE_161.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 26
i think its much better as well dave,,dont sweat the customer they asked yu to do this and are using your eye for color and lok and they dont have it so yu are fine.. much better this way!!!

Tomorrow, it's time for our annual hunting trip.
Yup, off to go slaughter a nice 7' fir... (or whatever we can find!)

Sunday is a Christmas Party,
Tonight an Advent dinner.
Full weekend!

Might glance at my shop once or twice in passing... :eek:

Working in the shop on the toy excavator form wood magazine for my grandson. a fun small project, and look out the back door at the snow falling, which we are supposed to get tomorrow. Church tomorrow night, and dinner afterward
Chuck