Gonna Need More Sandpaper!!

Dan Mooney

attachment.php

Attachments

• SandPaper.jpg
    SandPaper.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 259
I was gonna mention something similar...about how the rough cut was the result of not using the fence. :p

I noticed in today's comics Dagwood Bumstead was wearing a pair of safety goggles while nailing together one of his typical off-kilter assemblages. Man, things sure have changed in the cartoons these days. :rolleyes: Li'l Abner didn't need safety goggles when he was splitting wood. (Actually, didn't Mammy Yokum do all the wood-splitting?) Hagar the Horrible didn't wear a flotation device when he was heading out for a pillaging. And Charlie Brown never wore pads and a helmet, even though he had to know he was gonna end up flat on his back after Lucy yanked the football away again. :p

Did anybody notice that the artist made it look like table saw was running. and he didn't use a fence nor did he use a push stick? BUT!! he was wearing safety goggles!:thumb:

Come on Dan...

Don't be so picky,;) He's a comic strip draftsman not a woodworker. If you attempted to draw a comic strip he could make a similar comment reversed.:eek:;):)

speaking of safty,, our state requires us to wear safty belts, and today i watched a local county officer get into this patrol car and never touch the seat belt and drive off while talking on a radio..and i could see him for a fair bit ..still not on if had time i would have followed him and to see if he ever did..and then ask him if this county was exempt:)

Larry, not sure, but I think law officers/patrol cars are exempt. We always used seat belts in our ambulances and fire engines though. (now that was back in New York State a while ago too.) Double standards, 'eh?

Li'l Abner didn't need safety goggles when he was splitting wood. (Actually, didn't Mammy Yokum do all the wood-splitting?)

Heh, my experience is that he'd have been better off wearing knee pads than goggles, now before you call me crazy :huh: let me explain :p. When I was a kid I was tasked with a fair bit of the wood splitting, we had this old maul that the head was a little bit on the loose side and would occasionally fly off and bounce across the yard - no problem as long as you faced away from the house :eek: Anyway one day I took a big swing down onto an irascible piece of knotty old fir putting my all into to and - zing off went that head again. Newtons first law (which I did not know of at the time, but sure learned through induction) kicked in and the handle flew back as fast as the head flew out and BAM right in the knee cap. Boy that hurt!