Minor Gloat + Heads up for Canadians...

Art Mulder

Over on the Canadian forum someone pointed out that Rona (Local BORG equivalent) was clearing out their current crop of Freud Router Table tops.

Just a minor discount... say 75% :eek:
They nicely posted a camera-shot of the pricetag + sku.

freud-sku.jpg

Well I thought about that overnight and this morning headed over to Rona this morning and found nothing on the shelves. Fortunately I had printed off that sku that someone posted, and they found that were in fact 2 in the store.

somewhere

Fortunately it was still early and quiet and the tool-corral gentleman eventually found them on top of a 10' shelf above the pliers and hauled one down for me. :thumb:

IMG_6511.jpg

I figured that at that price it was worth it just for the insert plate!
Of course I'm now just going to stick it in the corner for a few months before I get around to building something for it, hence the 'minor' nature of the gloat! :eek:

...art

ps: Drew, you can try, but someone out in Calgary had no luck, so we're not sure if this is Ontario-only or not.

Great price...I hope you all take advantage of it.

A couple of years ago a friend came by with a Rockler Router top with aluminum insert he got free & wanted $20, it has worked great.

I hope to some day set up the cast iron top I was given about a year ago.

Last edited:
Well it was indeed a good decision after all isn’t? I must say that it really paid off for that extra thought you had. You were obviously lucky to have them and that too at a cheap price. Why don’t you hang on to it for a while and think about what you should do.