Snow Day!

Art Mulder

It's a Snow Day here in Southern Ontario!

All of the schools in London shut today. The University shut at about 11:30. I stayed home with a cough/cold, and am glad as I would have just been sent home after 3 hrs there along with the rest of the University. I've heard that some other businesses are also closing down...

The birdfeeder is still open for business. Though the squirrel baffle is gathering a lot of snow
IMG_6521.jpg IMG_6523.jpg

But we won't be filling the feeder soon unless someone shovels out the back door...
IMG_6532.jpg

And out the front door...
IMG_6529.jpg

Driveway has been shoveled twice, and needs more soon. The forecast was 20-30cm last night, and today, and tonight. Each! I don't actually know how much has come down so far but it was up to my wife's knees when she stepped out onto the yard.

Stay warm and put on the hot chocolate!

Well Art you aint alone. We got nailed last night. Seems like winter wanted to make up for leaving us out of all the snow these past weeks.

We got caught up alright. Back door at our place just the same as yours. :D

This is what happens to us:
radar.jpg

Wind comes from the Northwest over the lake, picks up a ton of moisture, and we get it. We call this a "streamer" from the lake.

We've got 5~6" (15cm for you Northern guys) on the ground. I started the morning out on the tractor. Got the driveway clear, but now it's snowing again - 3~5" more predicted - and it's also drifting back across the driveway.

25°F (-4°C) for today's high.

Yep, winter's here!

It's a Snow Day here in Southern Ontario!

All of the schools in London shut today. The University shut at about 11:30. I stayed home with a cough/cold, and am glad as I would have just been sent home after 3 hrs there along with the rest of the University. I've heard that some other businesses are also closing down...

The birdfeeder is still open for business. Though the squirrel baffle is gathering a lot of snow

But we won't be filling the feeder soon unless someone shovels out the back door...

And out the front door...

Driveway has been shoveled twice, and needs more soon. The forecast was 20-30cm last night, and today, and tonight. Each! I don't actually know how much has come down so far but it was up to my wife's knees when she stepped out onto the yard.

Stay warm and put on the hot chocolate!

Art,
I'm probably a wuss, and not as hardy as you Canadians, but if I had awakened to that, probably would have just rolled over, pulled the covers up and stayed in bed... we had about 1/2 an inch yesterday that started about 0900 and was gone by noon... being a southern boy from the Gulf coast area... I don't do snow. Biggest reason I'm this far north is I married a Yankee girl and she wanted to be close to the grandkids... this was as far north as I could go. I don't papers to cross the Mason/Dixon.. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Day #2:

UWO is closed again, as are most of the city services, all schools, all libraries. Yesterday Canada Post shut down also, and I bet it'll be today again.

Here is the kitchen nook roof, out the DR window and from above out a bedroom window:
IMG_6533.jpg IMG_6536.jpg

Back yard is pretty deep also. We'll have to dig a path to the compost bin in the corner later today...
IMG_6534.jpg IMG_6535.jpg

And out the side window of our new front bedroom, there is 24-36" on the LR roof. Good thing it is large light and fluffy flakes!
IMG_6538.jpg

Stay warm and pass the hot chocolate!

Looks great Art! I like the snow, as it forces you to slow your life down some. Problem with our weather here in the PNW is that you normally can work outside all winter long. No excuses for not working on those outside chores.

yup thats snow now art.. we still are dry here ,,some how its passed us but just a hour west and they got 18-24" got in some wood last night to make it easier to stay woarm cuz our days are numberd on how long its gonna stay dry here:D

My son lives 17 miles south west of me and got 18" yesterday and another 14" last night:D:rofl::rofl: Good thing he got a 4x4 deere to plow it out of his way:thumb:

We have been lucky here too. By this time last year we had quite a bit already, but nothing but flurries so far this time around. I'm kinda looking forward to it...a brown lawn and other dead plants aren't that fun to look at.