pre finish or not

panels in projects, your method

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me boats are like planes. I believe I should be INSIDE them. :rofl::rofl:

When its sunny, 90F, breezy, and the water is warm it is an incredible experience.

When I'm racing in overcast skies, 50F, raining, and blowin' the dogs off the chains I wonder why I would ever put myself willingly into this scenario.

Dont let them get to you Karl. Thats a great looking boat. You got a chicken wire on the back or do you keep your balance well and never drive that leeward nose into the water?;)

I aint ever seen the viper. Interesting design on the nose of the hulls. Bit like the front of the dreadnought battle ships see front of ship in picture below. Looks like some of it was taken from the Dart Catamaran.:dunno:

I am green with envy that you gonna get to sail it in the sea. Enjoy.:thumb:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dreadnought battleship.jpg
    Dreadnought battleship.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 49
You got a chicken wire on the back or do you keep your balance well and never drive that leeward nose into the water?;)

well..... It happens. Not too often though. The new boat designs are pretty good. No chicken line, there is a foot strap mounted at the stern, but its usually only used downwind with the spinnaker up.

Rob Keeble said:
I aint ever seen the viper. Interesting design on the nose of the hulls. Bit like the front of the dreadnought battle ships see front of ship in picture below.

Pretty much all of the new catamarans are like this now. The top of the hull is actually skinnier than the bottom. The theory being that the flatter bottom offer some resistance to diving and that having buoyancy in reserve doesn't do you any good as if its needed, its already too late. Also with having the top of the hull skinnier it recovers from the hull diving much better than being flat.

So basically other than the rocker in the hull, (the center of the hull front to back being lower), they just flipped the hulls over.

A sometimes sail with a guy who's a bid dude, and not scared of anything. We were down in Florida last April and it was blowing like stink. I use a speedometer of sorts called a Speedpuck, and I saw it spike to 27.3kts in one gust! That's flat out honkin' for a sailboat.

This was actually on the same day. The kids sailing this boat are very good, and my coach is the one running the camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y1bzMljkwM

Karl that was a great video. Man i can totally relate. What a blast. Reasonably nice flat water.

I did not know you guys had a spinny on that cat. That sure adds some horeses.:thumb:

Very very cool brought back a lot of great memories.

Hey if you want a really really great challenge and holiday look into doing a trip to a country in Africa called Malawi. Around July each year they have the Lake Malawi Yatching Marathon. Its a race that covers 7/8 days and goes from the South of Lake Malawi all the way up to the North. Around 365 miles.

Sailing is absolutely awesome in July with huge waves and strong winds.

Mixed bunch of boats. From hobies to darts to prindles and even small dinghies. You camp on the beach each night and have a blast.

You aint lived till you done this trip. But dont blame me if you never want to come home after being exposed to the garden of eden.

I found this facbook page with some of the pictures

You can see the map and itenary of this years race.

I was one of the pioneers of this race. Did it 3 times back in the mid 80's.

Best country in Africa.:thumb: people are wonderful they call it "The Heart of Africa".