For the Photo Guys - That Santa, Whattaguy!

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Christmas came a little early for me today....

That Santa, Whatta Guy!

Got the upgrade for the old original version digital rebel. Fortunately, all of the accessories I bought for that will work with this! :thumb:

attachment.php

Attachments

• newcamera.jpg
    newcamera.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 144
Congrats on the camera. I've never used a Canon, but I read somewhere they were pretty good. :p

Now you have a "shop" camera and a "good" camera. :thumb:

well brent i see that santa has been real nice to you and so why hasnt he been that nice to sharon??? i think yu should step in and help santa out ,,she deserves to get some of the nice things in life to and not just the new carpet i mean things for just her!!!!!!!

brents score=0
larrys score=2:rofl:

Brent, after working all summer, my son bought himself the same camera, and it is fabulous. The video quality is great, and the still capabilities are amazing, from 1/4000 sec images to night time multiple exposures. I think you're going to love it. Congrats.

That's a great looking camera.:thumb:.. only problem with it is, just another expensive way for me to get lousy pictures.... cameras just can't seem to see what I think I see when I try to take a picture.... :rofl:

That's a great looking camera.:thumb:.. only problem with it is, just another expensive way for me to get lousy pictures.... cameras just can't seem to see what I think I see when I try to take a picture.... :rofl:

chuck next time clean your lense first and watch your eyes as well that sleepy seed does hinder proper attention to detail:)

chuck next time clean your lense first and watch your eyes as well that sleepy seed does hinder proper attention to detail:)

You're supposed to clean camera lenses????:eek::eek:

I've had a number of nice cameras... they just don't see the picture I see when I start to take a picture... my wife and step son are fabulous photographers... my best bet is to just use theirs... saves me lots of frustration. :thumb::rofl:

well brent i see that santa has been real nice to you and so why hasnt he been that nice to sharon??? i think yu should step in and help santa out ,,she deserves to get some of the nice things in life to and not just the new carpet i mean things for just her!!!!!!!

brents score=0
larrys score=2:rofl:

She certainly does deserve something nice. :thumb::thumb:

She's a hard person to buy for though, as she really doesn't have anything she want's, and if she does, well, she buys it. Kind of like me. I proved at least that a DSLR was the camera I wanted, and I used it most everyday, so upgrading was a logical step.

I think the best thing I can do for her now is to finish off this room completely. Thats going to include the media center, all the moldings redone (baseboards, windows and doors), New front door and screen door, finishing off the table, and an end table... We'll see how long that takes, but I do think I can make progress on the media center and moldings pretty quickly.

Larry's right Brent. I really think Sharon deserves some "L" glass for Christmas. She'd probably enjoy a nice Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM AutoFocus Telephoto Zoom Lens to compliment your new cam...err I mean her eyes. ;):):D:rofl:

Yeah, I've made that kind of mistake before... Let's just say I've learned my lesson... :rofl:

When is Santa come to my place and bring me a camera? I hope he knows that I have just moved.

Congrats! Brent. Someone I work with just bought a T2i a couple of days ago. He also got an 18-55 and 70-250 lense. I think he bought it on ebay for under $1000.