nearly lost another son

Frank Fusco

My son and his family are on a year long adventure in Australia. He is working at hospital where they are living.
Part of the 'adventure' was going body boarding in the ocean.
Well, yesterday he got caught in a rip tide and lost control. Could have been carried away.
I don't know the details but the lifeguard saw what was happening and rescued him.
Scary. My stomach is threatening to revolt.

I'm glad he was rescured... I was caught in a small rip tide off Martin's beach in Northern California when I was in the navy and at the beach with a bunch off the ship.... scared the bejeasous out me... it's good thing you can't drink sea water 'cause I'm sure it wouldn't have been fit to drink.... fortunately, we were still relatively close to shore and I was only in about chest deep water.... I grabbed at one of my buddies and he pulled back a little which pulled me out of the tide..I went into the navy as a non-swim, so no telling what would have happened if my buddy hadn't been standing right where he was..... it's been over 50 years since then and I can still feel the sensation of the tide.

Thanks all. Yes, lucky. He is there for an adventure but I think he may be overdoing some things.
Personally, my idea of a 'body board' in the ocean would be about 40' long with an enclosed cabin and two powerful diesel engines.