Christmas came early

Drew Watson

Well it actually didn't but the wife came home tonight with a propane crab cooker for me from wally world. I said that I had wanted one for my turning so she surprised me. She is going in for carpell tunnel surgery tomorrow ( both hands) and I will be totally taking care of her for the next week so she wanted to make sure that she reminds me just how much I love her. :DNo question in my mind but it was a nice gesture. I will post a pic when I get it set up.

Well it actually didn't but the wife came home tonight with a propane crab cooker for me from wally world. I said that I had wanted one for my turning so she surprised me. She is going in for carpell tunnel surgery tomorrow ( both hands) and I will be totally taking care of her for the next week so she wanted to make sure that she reminds me just how much I love her. :DNo question in my mind but it was a nice gesture. I will post a pic when I get it set up.

I hope it goes good for your wife. Make some chicken soup. A propane crab cooker for your turning? Did I read that right? What, you gonna turn cooked crabs? :rofl:

if you can find an old jerry can, you can use that combined with a section of pipe and make a wood steamer as well.

So when you havin' a crab boil? :thumb:

I used a section of plastic drain pipe for a steamer before Andrew when I made my canoe but this will work way better with making the steam.

Be having crab again when I get out with the dive gear. been out looking for a box crab. Limit is one but then ya only need one to make a great meal. Yummmm. :thumb:

Cynthia, Janet will be in and out tomorrow as the surgery only takes a couple of minutes and then a couple of hrs of observation I think but who knows they may just send her right home. She has been keeping herself busy all day with cleaning the house as you all know how useless we males are when it comes to house work. She keeps forgetting I was a single dad of two boys and my house was imaculate when we met :rofl:

Congrats on the new cooker. :thumb: I'll be interested to see what kind of results you get with the boiling routine. I know a lot of guys swear by it.

And best of luck to Janet, too. Let her know there's good thoughts coming her way from all over.

...She keeps forgetting I was a single dad of two boys and my house was imaculate when we met :rofl:

I can relate, sort of. About 9 years ago I was in an accident and ended up in the hospital for a couple of weeks. My mom and dad came out to California to check up on me, and they stayed at my house. (I wasn't married at the time, so I lived alone.) They were surprised to find the house clean and in good order, and were certain my fiancee had come over to neaten up before they got there, but that's just the way my house looked most of the time. Not like Better Homes and Gardens perfect, but not like the typical bachelor pad either.

If you have the space to boil, I say boil!

The only thing I've heard about it all is that you must make darn sure that the lid does NOT fit too tight, if that big old pot full of hot water and wood if the lid gets stuck on there and builds up some pressure and you happen to try to open it, well, that would not be fun. :eek:

Best of luck to your lovely wife, I hope that the surgery turns out great, spoil her rotten! :D:thumb:

She has been keeping herself busy all day with cleaning the house as you all know how useless we males are when it comes to house work. She keeps forgetting I was a single dad of two boys and my house was imaculate when we met :rofl:

Drew, If you did your job right as a new husband, you'll have her convinced of how helpless you are so she takes good care of you....that's what I did with my wife...:rofl: I too was a single dad for 15 years with a boy at home from the age of 5 until he graduated high school... my house also was immaculate... except the boys room... I just kept that hermetically sealed when he wasn't home... :rofl:

I've even convinced her that I know nothing about how a kitchen works... only time I have to go there is to eat...:rofl::rofl:

Give Janet our best... know she'll come through fine... my sister had the surgery on her hands a few years ago... no problems at all.

I guess I'm going to have to blow my cover next month... Dianne will be going in for some eye surgery... she has a wrinkled retina that has to be fixed, then after that she'll need cataract surgery on both eyes... she won't be able to do anything that required bending or lifting.... so my time is coming. 'Course I've already had to show a little of my culinary skills... In January 2009 she had hip replacement surgery, so I got to wait on her a little then for about 2 months...

Well as promised here is a pic of the pot. Looking forward to giving it a try. Wonder how it works on semi dry woods. I lost lots of my turning supplies as they cracked even though I had end sealed them. Oh well.

Thanks for the kind words and prayers for Janet I know that she is nerveous and it is just hitting me now. Oh well time will tell I am sure that she will be ok when this is all done.

Attachments

• Pot 002.JPG
    Pot 002.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 7