Drawer Slide Install

Richard:

In your second picture I see notches on the side of the cabinet at the front. Is the height of those drawers adjustable?
Yes, I have four cabinets like that. I can move drawers around to any cabinet I want and move them up or down in 2'' increments. I can add more drawers or add different heights if needed.

shopcabinets.jpg

Richard:

Is the horizontal piece attached to the wall in any way? Can you use full extension drawer slides without attaching the back of the slide to the back vertical? Like Rob, who started this thread, I'm planning on building cabinets and shelves in my shop soon. This concept looks quite useful to me.

Richard:

Is the horizontal piece attached to the wall in any way? Can you use full extension drawer slides without attaching the back of the slide to the back vertical? Like Rob, who started this thread, I'm planning on building cabinets and shelves in my shop soon. This concept looks quite useful to me.
The rear upright has holes drilled in each socket and and I put a drywall screw in the end of each horizontal. This keep the horizontal from come out when the draw is fully extended. The hole is large enough you put the horizontal in at an angel.

socket1.jpg