Friday

Hopefully i will see the interior of my shop this weekend. I have had my fill of hockey arenas but still have two games to attend this weekend. Oh and i finally will get to put up our lights. Latest i have ever been also get the Christmas tree up. Feeling kinda behind the times here but catching up all round.:)

Shopping! Home Depot has the kitchen cabinets we've decided on - discounted, and for four days only an additional 10% off both the cabinets and counter tops. My January to-do list is growing.

Shopping! Home Depot has the kitchen cabinets we've decided on - discounted, and for four days only an additional 10% off both the cabinets and counter tops. My January to-do list is growing.

the carpenter in the skies is gonna be shaking his finger at you for buying them rennie:) but hey time makes a difference too.. now with them already made yu have more time to do the other things:)

I will be installing the new light in the kitchen, helping a friend making a few game boards for his kids, make 5 cutting boards, install a new dishwasher and if time allows start the back splash so the kitchen will be 100% complete:D (In deep need of Allen mojo here:D:thumb:)

the carpenter in the skies is gonna be shaking his finger at you for buying them rennie:) but hey time makes a difference too.. now with them already made yu have more time to do the other things:)
Believe me, there is enough on my plate to keep me busy without having to build my own cabinets.:rofl::rofl: Anyway, I saw Tom's and think that anything I put out would wither in comparison.:D

Jan wanted painted cabinets and I'm not into paint. We got a great deal for not much more than what it would have cost me in material, hardware, and tools. We'll start the demo in January. Watch for the blow by blow reports!

Anyway, I saw Tom's and think that anything I put out would wither in comparison.:D

I have seen your work Rennie so I believe your comparison is backwards:) Do look forward to what you come up with AND knowing what is in the works at your place........:Dthanks by the way

Thanks by the way :)

Last edited:
Put the finish on the blanket chest. A 2-1/2 hour kids Christmas play on Sunday:doh:

Start on a mantle clock (out of some beautiful Michigan chocolate);) for my daughters birthday next Saturday.

Have some Christmas gifts to work on in the shop (mostly flatwork), need to take some photos, and Sunday I'm hoping to make it to my turning club's Holiday Pot-Luck Party on Sunday.

Who knew that making 14 end grain cutting boards would take so much time? :rolleyes: I've got 6 completely done, 3 more that require oiling, 3 more to glue up and still 2 more I've yet to begin. :eek: Based on my work schedule the next couple of weeks, I will be cutting this awful close!

Jan wanted painted cabinets and I'm not into paint.

Happy Wife == Happy Life... ;)

Been cleaning up the basement with the kids and doing some reorganizing.

My wife, poor soul, has been braving the crowds (on a Saturday in December! :eek: ) to get some shopping done. Hopefully she'll remember to stop at Lee Valley Tools...:D

I spent some of my snow days this week getting some progress on my daughter's new bed. So I should keep at that and who knows, it might make it into her room before the new year!?

A little late to this, was sick Friday, had B-day stuff for my wife yesterday, and doing holiday stuff today along with the continuation of my wife's "Birthday Week" as she calls it.

Did get the plate rack finished up, will post pics on that thread as well as some shelving yesterday.

I left thursday afternoon for the farm in Va and got in some hunting Friday and Saturday some firewood cutting and some super wild game dinners. I did meet a new friend who is a wood worker and told him about us here aqnd just got home and intime to relax and watch the Skins game.

Guess we already did ours. Headed to San Francisco Thursday night. Eye appointments on Friday (love our doctor so haven't migrated to one in Reno). It also gave us an excuse to meet with 8 other company friends at a local place for drinks and lunch (lots and lots of barley hops :beer:). Sushi Friday night. Picked up some crap out of our bay area house to haul up here and gardening on Sunday (unusually warm weather for this time of year).

Can't wait to get back to work Monday, so I can relax :rofl::rofl:

This is what I did this weekend. Hung all my front room curtains. Not a big deal but felt good for me. This woodworking thing has given me a lot of confidence to wheel and deal with my drill and tool belt...... :D :rofl: LOML was horrified to see the knots...until I showed (33 of 38 is the knotted curtain) him it was "fashionable". Just for the record, that's not why I did it. I knotted them because a) I don't have to make tie backs 2) the dogs have some window sill to look out the window 3) I won't have to hem them and 4) I like it!

Yes, I know they need to be adjusted.... :)

outsidewindowsdec12.jpg

insidewindowsdec12.jpg