Hand held electric leaf vacuum/shreaders.

Jim O'Dell

Anyone have any recommendations? Looks like the Toro unit with the steel blade might be decent for the money. ($70.00) Want one of the DR mower trailer units with the separate hose, but no money for that right now. Just need something to make things a little easier than raking and picking up by hand. Thanks for any ideas you might have! Jim.

I had one it was green and cheap. I quit using it as a vacuum because the dirt and small rocks it picked up were murder on the impeller. If you are going to vacuum definitely get one with the metal blade, should last longer. I now use a backpack style Echo blower. I really like it.

Thanks Paul. I use my convertible Ridgid shop vac/blower for a blower. Does a great job and I'm not afraid to use it to blow leaves off the roof. If I lose my footing, I can drop the blower. Not so on a backpack model.:eek: :D Jim.

In fairly short order, I ruined a Sears model by using the vacuum function - as Paul said, the plastic impeller couldn't withstand the abuse. Too bad because I really liked that feature. As a blower it, and the cheap Ryobi I replaced it with, work just fine (loud, but fine).