New Year's Resolutions

I am not one for partaking of this tradition usually. This coming year, I am making a few resolutions that WILL be made this coming season.

1. Each and every piece of firewood will be split and stacked before deer season starts (shotgun).

2. Each barn will have a heated water trough inside of it.

3. The cows will have a covered feeder that will hold a minimum of 6 round bales of hay.

4. I will have a truck with a snow plow or a heat houser on my Oliver.

Can you tell I am tired of the hip deep snow that I have dealt with all day?
Can you tell I am tired of carrying buckets of water to the ponies?
Can you tell I am dreading putting a round bale in for the cows tomorrow?

Snow drifts cover the propane tank and picket fence out in the side and front yard. Talk later, be warm and safe everyone. So what motivates your resolutions and what are they???

So Jonathan
I'm getting the feeling you don't like hip deep snow.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Or being out in the cold all day plowing it.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I bet if you had a tractor like this one that has a cab, heat, 4WD and all it needs is a plow it would move ALL sorts of snow:rolleyes::D:thumb:

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 18
He needs one of these On the back of that:thumb:
The only problem with that is the creek in your neck and back you get from backing up all day:treadmill:

No resolutions, but I've decided as a New Years gift to Jon, I'm going to send him a photo of me mowing my lawn on Christmas Day. :p You guys in the midwest are getting hammered right now, and we're having record-breaking heat here in La La Land. :dunno:

The Industrial Arts teacher bought an old Chevy with a plow on it. He stopped by this morning, plowed up the drive and back down on his way out. Two hours later, couldn't see anyone had gone up or down the drive at all. Blowing to beat the band. I am betting no school tomorrow either.
Man that is sure some green grass in that there picture of the Case!!! Diesel, no building to put it in, wouldn't try starting it on a bet in this weather!
Went from three helpers (both daughters and wife) down to just me this winter (both girls married, one an hour and a half South of us, the other an hour East of us! Wife still on crutches! :doh::doh::doh:) I am so far behind, it ain't even funny. My backyard and barnyard are even with the back of my boxer's back. Be safe all.

You know I just read that this summer was the >> hottest in Japan in a hundred years << but when I ask people that live here if they thought this last summer was that hot, like the hottest in one hundred years, not one person thinks so, I certainly did not recall that the summer was that hot. Makes me wonder when they throw numbers around how much is hype and how much is real down to earth stuff:huh: :dunno:

I sure do miss the snow, but not like some of you are seeing in the US, no thanks! :eek:

Be Safe!

Well Johnathan i am lucky i guess, had a son. He does the shovelling now.:D
Stay safe and take it easy. I thought you traded the Oliver for the Case.:dunno: If that is the case was it a good deal considering the winter?

I had 6 kids so I could get help shoveling snow. I could of had 12 and I wouldn't of gotten help:(
But my son in law has a plow and sander, He lives with us so he has to plow my driveway to get to work:score:

Rob, I traded the old/smaller 770 Oliver off. The one I took the loader off of and put on the 1600 Oliver that I currently have. Good memory though! :thumb: At this point in the kids lives, wouldn't have mattered if we had boys or girls. They belong building their own lives in their own homes with the mates they have chosen and married. But man is it a pain!! :rofl::rofl: Oh and if I cut off my typing quickly, it is because Friday night in the fog we had to drive down to Fina's to get CJ as she was in the hospital with contractions. False alarm. But we have CJ and are keeping him for the week based on the weather and her nearness to delivering Ashleigh (our first granddaughter). Birth rates on anything, human or animal generally spike during large storm systems, something I think with the barometric pressure or lack thereof. So CJ is here, when he sees me on the computer, he wants to sit on my lap and watch u tube videos of dominoes or cars/trucks/ponies, ect. At 3 he isn't real patient with waiting/watching me type. If I didn't quit quick, my typing would resemble Larry's!!! :eek::doh::huh::dunno::rofl::rofl:

Rob, I traded the old/smaller 770 Oliver off. The one I took the loader off of and put on the 1600 Oliver that I currently have. Good memory though! :thumb: At this point in the kids lives, wouldn't have mattered if we had boys or girls. They belong building their own lives in their own homes with the mates they have chosen and married. But man is it a pain!! :rofl::rofl: Oh and if I cut off my typing quickly, it is because Friday night in the fog we had to drive down to Fina's to get CJ as she was in the hospital with contractions. False alarm. But we have CJ and are keeping him for the week based on the weather and her nearness to delivering Ashleigh (our first granddaughter). Birth rates on anything, human or animal generally spike during large storm systems, something I think with the barometric pressure or lack thereof. So CJ is here, when he sees me on the computer, he wants to sit on my lap and watch u tube videos of dominoes or cars/trucks/ponies, ect. At 3 he isn't real patient with waiting/watching me type. If I didn't quit quick, my typing would resemble Larry's!!! :eek::doh::huh::dunno::rofl::rofl:

hey when yu get back my way i will give yu some lessons:)