New Toy To Demo

Dan Mosley

Today I got a package from a friend in Canada that turns alot of larger vessels. I had bought a few things from him to finish my large D-arm hollowing rig I have been working on. While I was talking to him and deciding which things to buy he mentioned he had a friend that made a new type of spur drive and started marketing them (awhile back). He offered me one a fairly good price and put a additional discount on top of that so I bought one.

I am not sure if anyone has used one or has one but if you do post some comments on how you like it.

I will try it out on my next day off later this week and post some information on it.................below are pictures of the drive..................

Thanks Dan

Attachments

• Elio Drive-2.jpg
    Elio Drive-2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Elio Drive-3.jpg
    Elio Drive-3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 88
PLEASE tell me that has a threaded hole in the small end :eek:

You need to put a threaded rod into that to secure it in the morse taper in the lathe, just in case you did not know that :D :wave:

Looks very cool and very simple, I like simple!

PLEASE tell me that has a threaded hole in the small end :eek:

You need to put a threaded rod into that to secure it in the morse taper in the lathe, just in case you did not know that :D :wave:

Looks very cool and very simple, I like simple!

Not sure why you would Stu? :huh: You have to use the tailstock with it and it's just simply a bit bigger than standard drive spurs.:dunno:

I had that question too. My other question is other than being bigger and having multiple optional 'spurs', what is this type of spur drive intended to be used for?

Sorry it was my mistake when i wrote the posting but the Elio is a
Safe Drive & Face Plate -3 Prong Drive Centre - Adjustable pins - The literature says it is also works great on irregular surfaces, #2 MT taper

I will post more pictures tomm ...............I plan on trying it out so ill post more details.......................

Looking forward to seeing what you think of it, Dan. Looks like a great idea, especially for natural edge or really wet stuff.

I thought it was a faceplate that went directly into the MT of the lathe, instead of using the threads :dunno:

My mistake, I now see it is a spur drive, just a big one with adjustable pointy things :thumb: