new issue

Doug Jones

I don't post much anymore, but a moment ago I did a reply to a thread then when I hit the "new posts" button I got the following page. I did a number of refresh clicks and back buttons but still came up with the following page. I finally had to open a new window all together to get into the forum.
cpuquota.jpg

Ok folks, it seems that we were indeed using excessive amounts of CPU, due to the size and condition of our database. I just optimized our database, which should help the problem. If it doesn't, I'll have to take more drastic measures, but those measures will have to be performed during the middle of the night or something, since I'll have to take the site down to perform them. Let's hope that's not necessary.

In the interim, I'm heading back out to get back to laying flooring. If anyone gets those same error messages, please update this thread, and please include the time you got the message. No need for a screen print showing the message, just a quick-n-dirty post with time recieved.

(By the way, I only need a general idea of when the problem occurs, so if someone already posted that they got the error msg, and you got it a few minutes later, no need for the duplicate posts. Thanks...)

Thanks for your patience...and again, sorry for the inconvenience. :doh:

- Marty -

P.S. For all you non-computer folks...We were trying to cram ten pounds of potatos into a five pound sack. The extra effort to cram them in was using too much computer power on our host, so they throttled us back to keep us from making their computer glow red-hot.

I've increased the size of the sack, and tossed out a few potatos. ;)

I got a email from Mike W. wondering what wuz up. He got the same screen.
I haven't got it [yet]

FYI Marty, I got the error message today at about 3:45 Pacific time. Got the same trying to open the Admin CP, too. It's sounding like it might be tune-up time. I think moving the pics to the file system might be a good start, as will be rebuilding the index. :huh:

FYI Marty, I got the error message today at about 3:45 Pacific time. Got the same trying to open the Admin CP, too. It's sounding like it might be tune-up time. I think moving the pics to the file system might be a good start, as will be rebuilding the index. :huh:

Vaughn,

I agree. We'll discuss this offline, and decide on a plan of attack.

Sorry to everyone for the inconvenience. We're trying...:rolleyes:

- Marty -

Ok folks, those 'drastic measures' I mentioned above have now been taken...and without having to take the forum down :thumb:

I'm thinking we have the problem licked. Please be certain to post here if you get that same error message again.

Thanks for your patience...and again, sorry for the inconvenience.

- Marty -

Thanks for your patience...and again, sorry for the inconvenience. :doh: Hi Marty, :wave: I could never do what you are doing, repairing this forum. Thank you very much. hurry up:rofl: :rofl: . Thank you for your dedication. Shaz- Marty -

P.S. For all you non-computer folks...We were trying to cram ten pounds of potatos into a five pound sack. The extra effort to cram them in was using too much computer power on our host, so they throttled us back to keep us from making their computer glow red-hot. Thanks for throwing this paragraph in as I fit in to this category and I wanted to understand too.

I've increased the size of the sack, and tossed out a few potatos. ;)
Hi Marty, :wave:
Thanks so much for your devotion to this forum and your thread. We all benefit from your patience, consideration and willingness to share this epic journey you have undertaken. Congratulations on your milestone.
Shaz
"slacker":rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Marty,
My thanks for doing a great job for the group.

I am wondering if this issue might have something to do with disappearing posted messages? :dunno: I haven't posted until a couple days ago (been reading a lot of good info though) and I got at least two replys. It was about my #5 Stanley plane. I read them but now they are not there anymore. :eek:

Aloha,
Tony Baideme
Honolulu, HI