of all the stupid

things :bang: :bang: :bang: I try to do the right thing and it always seems to bite me in the rear.

Few days this week I've been helping my brother hook up his outdoor boiler. He bought it used last year and hasn't had time to hook it up. I brought the heat exchanger home to build a an enclosure for it the fan and the filter. I went down and built a fire, came back to the house had some coffee, went back down and the worktable is wet. Sure enough it had water trapped in it and now it has some exploded tubes, and of course they are split where you can't get at them. I swear if it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Sure didn't need this right now :doh:

Robert,
Take a pair of needle nose pliers and remove just enough fins from the tube to fix the leak, just don't get too carried away. Fill the radiator with water and put a bit of air pressure to it to find the leak. Don't get too carried away, 5-10lbs is more than enough! Too much pressure and you'll have even more problems:( Once you find the leak, remove the fins from the side closest to the tube and go at it with a small flame and a little solder. In the old days of real metal auto radiators, that's how we fixed'm. In the big scheme, losing a few fins will have a negligible effect.

Mike