A couple of birdhouse ornaments

Here's a couple of ornaments I made last weekend. One is a walnut top and maple bottom. The other is an apple top and cherry bottom. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• walnut maple.jpg
    walnut maple.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 43
  • apple cherry.jpg
    apple cherry.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 37
Nice looking birdhouses John. Really well done.

Jay I get mine from Michael's and Hobby Lobby. I have never seen any there that are flat. Also get them from Craft Peddler which is a local craft store. She has a good variety.

Haven't looked for birds yet, but I do have a question about the hook or loop on the top.

I can't find tiny little 'eyes'. What to do, what to do?

...I can't find tiny little 'eyes'. What to do, what to do?

I used "eye pins" from the jewelry findings department of Michael's.

http://www.michaels.com/Jewelry-Ess...tml?start=5&cgid=products-beads-findings-pins

The ones I got are not twisted like the ones shown on the linked page, but smooth wire instead. I have the 3/4" long ones, and the eyes are so small a standard ornament hook won't fit through it. The smallest drill bit I have (it's 0.050 inches in diameter) is just the right size to fit the eye pin after the pin's been folded in half and squished with needlenose pliers.

Carol, I got my eye hooks from the borg. They're in the hardware section. I've also found them at Ace Hardware. I think I use a 1/32 drill bit and put a dab of CA thick on the threads for good measure.

Tried HD. No joy. Tried a local craft store - no joy there either.

If I get to an Ace Hardware, before Monday (not likely THIS week!), I'll look.

Now I am swamped with worship services. Bird houses will have to wait. Maybe next year.