5 Guitar Stand

Dan Mooney

Altho I guess it should be 4 Guitar's and a Banjo. It's made out of Redwood, I know, Why would you make something like this out of Redwood? Well I dismantled an old Hot Tub back in March and ended up with a lot of Clearheart Redwood. It had a plastic liner so the water never came in contact with the wood.

Stand0001.jpg

Stand0002.jpg

Stand0003.jpg

Stand0004.jpg

Stand0005.jpg

We must be kindred spirits Dan.

I built something similar a while ago... And it houses one similar looking acoustic and a banjo! :thumb: :rofl:

Yours looks much better. I really like the way the redwood turned out.

Here's my little music workstation area....
attachment.php

Attachments

• guitarstand2.jpg
    guitarstand2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 81
Looks great Brent, I used to have a Mandolin also, but our teen dept at Church started a band so I donated it. They get a lot more use out of it than I ever did, my big old fingers never did fit that little fingerboard!

Looks great Brent, I used to have a Mandolin also, but our teen dept at Church started a band so I donated it. They get a lot more use out of it than I ever did, my big old fingers never did fit that little fingerboard!

My fat fingers don't work so good on the mandolin, but I don't let that stop me... :rofl:

It's just a grizz kit mando I put together anyway...

I built it about a year ago, I posted it Here It was a interesting build. I also built the 6 string electric (The Striped one) about 30 years ago.

Dang, I even posted in that thread. :eek: :doh: They say the first two things to deteriorate with age are memory and something else that I can't remember. It's a beautiful axe. So's the striped one. :thumb:

Nice build Dan :thumb:

My wife bought me a banjo several years ago but I haven't attempted to learn how to play it yet. I'm thinking about trading it in for a guitar. I used to play when I was much younger.

Very nice stand Dan. Boy i envy you musically enclined people. When i see you guys and your collection of instruments.:thumb:

Dan sorry i missed that thread. Very nice guitar. Right up my creek as far as taste is concerned. :thumb:

Dang, I even posted in that thread. :eek: :doh: They say the first two things to deteriorate with age are memory and something else that I can't remember. It's a beautiful axe. So's the striped one. :thumb:

Well Vaughn you made me a very happy guy today. I aint laughing but i sure made me feel better knowing it aint happening to only me. :D Lately its been driving me bonkers.

If you have the Redwood, why not? Looks fine.
It wasn't until the final pic that I understood what was happening.
Ya know...just a couple minor changes and that could be converted to a rifle rack. :rolleyes:

Music Stand

Very nice guitar/banjo stand. Nothing wrong with red cedar and especially nothing wrong with recycling good wood.

BTW ... that looks like the OME banjo I used to own. We'll get to get one day for some grinin and pickin' :)