Hey Y'all

James Davis

Hey everybody. My name is James and I am an old tool nut. I love the feel of a vintage tool in my hands and as my wife knows, when I buy one I always intend to sell it but I have a problem with sticky tools. Now what is a sticky tool you ask? It is a tool that once it touches my hands it tends to stick around. So far she has been a good sport about it.:thumb:

I have a well stocked shop with both Neanderthal tools and the tailed variety as well. I enjoy flat work but I guess I am better known for the pens that I turn. They are nothing fancy, just straight forward pens but I manage to sell a few every year to help cover the cost of keeping the lathe around.

I hope to share and garner knowledge with this group and look forward to getting to know the personalities here.

James

Thank you for all of the warm welcomes. I am in North Carolina and will post some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Again thanks,
James

Don,

I am in Roxboro, it is a small town about 30 miles north of Durham up near the Virginia border. I don't know how you come into NC but I would love to get together with others that feel the same way about wood and tools as I do.

James

Welcome James. Sorry to hear you are not on the spinny side, but we won't hold that against you. We will just quietly asimilate you into the VORTEX. Turning rules.

Bruce
+

Oh but Bruce, you see there is a lathe in my shop and it gets a fair share of my shop time. I do real well with pens and the like but I am having trouble getting the hang of bowls. If you or anyone else has any pointers I would be happy to get them.

James