Vases

Well the vases that everyone thought that looked like space ships have sold. So the Art Director called Monday and told me she needed more as a lady was interested in a couple of just plain wood. So I turned some maple and got after it. Here are two maple vases. They are both 9 1/2" across. The one with smaller lip is 3 1/2" high and the other is right at 4". Sanded to 400 grit with shellac applied on the lathe and the 6 coats of gloss lacquer. I have one more that has finish drying. The first 3 pic's are the first vase and the second 3 are the second vase.

Attachments

• Maple Vase 5.jpg
    Maple Vase 5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Maple Vase 6.jpg
    Maple Vase 6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Maple Vase 7.jpg
    Maple Vase 7.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Maple Vase 8.jpg
    Maple Vase 8.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Maple Vase 9.jpg
    Maple Vase 9.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Maple Vase 10.jpg
    Maple Vase 10.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 20
Roswell incident all over!:eek::D
I like em Bernie - different shape and that's a nice finish on those pieces too.
Thanks for upping them.
Michael

Hi,

Good deal. Looks like you are on to something. They do have a "comfortable" look to them. I can see why they would sell.

Would the feel carry on over into wood with a pattern like cocabola or zebra wood? That was a serious question---I have no ability to picture things in my mind. From an analytical point of view it sounds like interesting possibilities.

Like your work,

Enjoy,

Jim

Hey, if spaceships sell, make 'em spaceships. :thumb: Those look like you did a great job on them, Bernie. And congrats on the sales.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Jim C. I am going to try and get some different wood because I think they would look great. Just had this wood so used it up.

Drew I am getting $60 for these. Of course it is a 70/30 split with the gallery. I probably could get a whole lot more in a different market but that is about it for a small farming community.