Been Busy..........

Stuart Ablett

Another go at it, and I should have all of these processed, and then I'll have to start turning some........... :D

been_busy1.jpg

been_busy2.jpg

I'll get about 40 bowl blanks out of this, all together, and a bunch of pen blanks too....

Here are some example I'll be trying to emulate..........

typical_soup_bowl.jpg
Typical soup bowl, I have a lot of blanks this size

tea_cup_saucer.jpg
Tea cup saucer, again, lots of blanks this size

thick_bowl.jpg
A rather thick flat bowl

platter1.jpg
and the rest are various serving platters.

platter2.jpg

white_platter.jpg

platter_large1.jpg

platter_large2.jpg

At first glance, I thought you made those, but then I re-read your post. Even though, those are not your pieces, they are still quite nice. Love the rice bowl. Now, get to;) . it

Looks to me that you are quickly converting to a turner. Before you know it we will be seeing your flatwork tools in the classifieds section.

I'm the type that looks at the pictures first and then sometimes I might go back and read the text. So my first thought was how you got that many different types of wood from one tree. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Sorry for the confusion guys, I was just showing the kinds of things I'm going to try to make.

OK, got the rest of it all cut up......

large_crotchwood_sliced_open.jpg
Here is the large piece of crotch sliced in two, some dodgy bits, but I think I an get a good bowl or two out of this. :D

42_blanks.jpg

All told, 42 bowl blanks, and two triangular pieces, that might become weed pots.

Now I got to find a place to put it all :huh:

Thanks for looking..................Cheers! :thumb: