On the horns of a dilemma

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I'm sure all of you must have faced this at one time, When Jan moved here she brought with her a few tools (router, sander, some hand tools, etc.) and I am trying to find a home for each of them in the shop. My problem? I can't figure out if I have too much stuff or too little storage.:rofl::rofl: Maybe I need a bunkhouse!:rofl::rofl:

Rennie,

Best advice? Place them prominently, so she sees them every time she walks in. Hide yours in a cabinet! :thumb:

Me, I've got Doorlink's season ski pass from the 90's (with her picture laminated inside) hanging in my shop. And a bunch of other stuff like that. She smiles every time she sees it... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I recently added a small shed. Only 8' x 10' but when loaded with shelves it eased that cramped feeling in the shop "tout de suit".

Man that took my breath away. :D I got to hand it to you Americans, when you do something you do it big. There is no other nation on the planet that is like it.:thumb:

I love it.:thumb::thumb::thumb: Man i never cease to be amazed.:)

Someday i would like to write a book about my American experiences and let the world know my view as to why you have such a huge economy.

Ever thought just how much the "personal shop" industry adds to an economy.

You take Toni and my comments from places like Spain and Sa. Getting to have a personal shop like many of us have and getting to kit it out at a affordable rate is just not done to anywhere near the same extent in any other part of the world. The British do it as well to a larger extent but in Europe its not as common. In my view its not a case of population size, its an attitude just like this guy building his bunker. Yeah he must have money or be a succesful bank robber but hes putting it back into the economy that keeps the wheels turning.

You guys are unique thats for sure. :thumb::thumb:

Man that took my breath away. :D I got to hand it to you Americans, when you do something you do it big. There is no other nation on the planet that is like it.:thumb:...

It's not just us Americans who know how to go big with bunker shops. Here's one built by one of your Canadian compatriots...

http://www.finewoodworking.com/Workshop/WorkshopArticle.aspx?id=31684

As an aside, I worked on a large job once where a man was killed by one of those hollow core concrete panels that came loose from a crane.