old pics of bathroom vanitys

tod,

very beautiful. I love the look of those vanities. I assume they are mahogany, hard to tell in those pics. Very nice detail with the feet on the front. love the design of the doors and the dovetails of course are a great touch.

What type of joinery did you use to connect the frame to the legs?

thanks for sharing your wonderful work. it is truly inspiring.

envious of your skill and craftsmanship,
chris

chris, they`re out of walnut...joined with pegged m&t joints, the pics where some of my first with an old hand-me-down sony.......i`m not a better photographer now just have a better camera:eek: .....i`m going to try and revive an old harddrive that has quite a few pics of odd stuff i`ve made over the years....figure if even one pic gives one person a good idea or inspires somebody it`s worth the effort.....thanks, tod

Wow, Tod, those are really nice, and I too love the details.

I especially like the legs!

The LOML is bugging me to build something similar for her in the bedroom, a dresser and a tall skinny lingerie cab thing too, and she wants those kind of legs, yet another reason I need to get me a bandsaw I can cut curves on :D

Thanks for sharing, even old stuff has lots of value, like you said, of us to steal ideas etc :D

Design ideas

Tod, have you plans to establish other areas on this website (FWW) for perhaps Design and Design Ideas?
Design being the process of designing... tools, form & function, proportion & scale, colour, golden rule etc., plan preparation, materials, building of models/prototypes.

rick, it`s up to the membership what forums are added, the 11 of us who started this site are only interum administration......if you`d like to see a design forum simply start a poll in the members forum and if the majority are for it cool.......simple enough? btw, i`m for it.......tod