Easr Coast Snow storm coming . . . .

Jim Mattheiss

Last weekend I installed the reflective snow stakes along the driveway to guide the snow plow company.

Since then my kids have been giving me flack saying that since now that we prepared for a snow storm it's not going to come.

Well they are saying that New Jersey could get 6 - 10 " of snow starting tomorrow AM thru Monday.

It's a good thing I also cleaned out my half of the garage so the car can come in out of the weather.

This storm appears to be coming up the coast so folks south of us are likely to get hit even earlier. Everyone have a safe and Happy Christmas day.

Cheers

Jim
:type: :dunno: :type:

Stock up, Stay warm and make the best of it! Better to be prepared and not have something happen than the other way around!

This storm appears to be coming up the coast so folks south of us are likely to get hit even earlier.

Yep. Projections keep going up. Yesterday it was one inch, now they're saying five. I'm guessing that'll double by this time tomorrow. Snow already falling here.

The good news? As James was opening his presents this morning, there was snow falling outside. It made for the perfect scene... :thumb:

Thanks,

Bill

I decided to leave my driveway canopy up until I think the snow will be too much for it. Its ripped, so once I take it down, its done for good.
Im going to look for a much stronger tent that doesnt have to come down in snow for next year.
Lets see how it holds up during this storm. (even if the top caves in, it will only fall on the driveway and car, its not like its going to hold 10 inches and then fall. Probably give way with 3 inches caked on it)

I dad to cut down the canopy before. I was hitting it all day and early evening moving the snow off of it, it was sagging bad.
Once the 50 mph wind gusts started, I decided it might be safer to cut it down, so I did.
my front door cant be opened, its under a snow and ice drift about 3 feet high. I plowed the garage entrance and the back door twice today, but the snow is still 2-3 feet high with higher drifts. This is just bad.

this white stuff sucks.
My front door is blocked. The adirondack chair in front has snow up to the arms, thats 23.5 inches without a drift.
My car in the yard has a drift covering the front end so I wont be able to work in the garage today because its going to be a huge snow removal day.

I'm sitting in my chair with my laptop looking out at the snow.

We have a bunch and New Jersey has declared a state of emergency to keep people off the roads.

I'm waiting for the plow company to clear my driveway. No hurry - I'm not going anywhere. . . .

Jim

But aren't you glad you're retired, and don't have to go anywhere if you dont wanna? :D:D

last night at 2 am, I was looking through my windows and said to my wife, "last year if this happenned I would be freakin out, not knowing how or who is going to open, now its just like, geeesh, I gotta move all that crap out of the way so I can go make some panels"
And then my wife said, arent you glad youre retired?

although my kids will be here off and on this week, I wont be.
I dont think they will move any snow since I plowed this morning the front and a passage way into the garage.
The main problem Im going to have is eventually this has to melt. And if warms up next weekend and rains, the tremendous amount of water will be dangerous because it can flood my garage floor. thats why I hate 2 feet of snow.

I know this is a crud picture, but this is my car covered and halfway buried under the snow, shot through the screen door.

Attachments

• bed 146 (Medium).jpg
    bed 146 (Medium).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I dont want to be reminded.

I have a pretty big snow blower, but when the snow is piled far above the top of the snow blower its just nasty.
and this early in the winter season, gonna stay a mess for a long time.

oh heck guys, you're just getting the leftovers from the almost 2 feet of snow that we got the other week, and the additional 5" on top of that from the other day.

1" of snow in new york, and they're breaking out the tire chains
1" of snow here, and we ignore it

3" of snow in new york, and they panic run to the stores
3" of snow here, it's eat in, or go to a resteraunt

6" of snow in new york, the city is shut down
6" of snow here, time to finally break out the shovels

12" of snow in new york, blizzard of the decade
12" of snow here, finally get a chance to use the new snowblower

24" of snow in new york, blizzard of the century
24" of snow here, cuss out the city trucks for plowing in the driveway

36" of snow in new york, the end is near!
36" of snow here, int'l airport down to 2 runways while they clear the others

and they say new yorkers are a tough lot...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BS ........................ it totally by passed us. The storm hung a right and heading up the coast. A few parts of Md got hit but just NW of DC nothing ! I'm pissed ! I loaded the back of my Van with 30 pounds of corn and was ready to play.
Waiting on the next one.

oh heck guys, you're just getting the leftovers from the almost 2 feet of snow that we got the other week, and the additional 5" on top of that from the other day.

1" of snow in new york, and they're breaking out the tire chains
1" of snow here, and we ignore it

3" of snow in new york, and they panic run to the stores
3" of snow here, it's eat in, or go to a resteraunt

6" of snow in new york, the city is shut down
6" of snow here, time to finally break out the shovels

12" of snow in new york, blizzard of the decade
12" of snow here, finally get a chance to use the new snowblower

24" of snow in new york, blizzard of the century
24" of snow here, cuss out the city trucks for plowing in the driveway

36" of snow in new york, the end is near!
36" of snow here, int'l airport down to 2 runways while they clear the others

and they say new yorkers are a tough lot...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh man, another new york basher. :D

where you from dude? oh, yeah, at least we know how to build roofs to withstand some snow.:D