How I spent Christmas Day!

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
It's been a tradition in our house for the past many years to celebrate Christmas on Boxing Day. This leaves the children and grandkids to visit with their other parents and grandparents. Those of you with exes will know what I'm talking about!

So Christmas day I get to spend like most other days in my basement workshop.

Some of you may recall Toni C. sending me a piece of Lignum Vitae wood as well as some Spanish Olive wood. I had a piece of LV leftover (after turning Toni a pen from it, about 3" long), not long enough to make a pen that I considered worthy for myself. So I epoxied a piece of the SOW to the LV with some aluminum in between and made myself a long clicker similar to the pen I sent to Toni.
attachment.php

It's been finsished with 9 coats of CA, wet mm'd from 1500 grit to 4000 grit, and then buffed on my 3 wheel homemade Caswell buffer. The finish is a little plasticy. I may sand it back somewhat to tone down the high gloss.

That makes a great wood combination Mack! :thumb: and it looks great! Thanks again for the previous one you sent me and congratulations for the result on this one.

Really cool sandwich Mack:thumb: Where do you get Aluminum that thin...retail/online source?:huh:
Hi Jim; Actually the aluminum is quite thick (relatively)(.0225"). It came from a roll of alum. that my backdoor neighbour uses when trimming aluminum windows/doors etc. If you are interested in a piece I can cut some off and send in a small bubble envelope. Just need your addy in a pm.

Some penturners use pop/beer can aluminum. Now that is very thin!