Work Sharp 3000 at the depot

Hmm, it might be a good time to sell my WorkSharp 3000. I bought extra glass plates so that each grit could already be mounted on it's plate. In addition, I bought the wide blade attachment (still in its box). I am embarrassed to say, but right now the Worksharp is on a bench and I use it to put a point on my shop pencils.:eek:

Don't get me wrong it is a great tool, it is just that I free hand sharpen/hone on waterstones and I need a hollow grind to make the process easier. Hollow grinding is the key to my free hand sharpening technique.

I don't want to have a tool around that I don't use, but for some reason I find it hard to let go of any tool. Anybody else with that problem? I should get rid of it, then I could buy another tool!

I'm in the middle of a 'cleansing of the shop' and am trying to be ruthless. I'm halfway glad the order was cancelled on me.

I'm seriously thinking of downsizing to 30" rails on my table saw and putting a router table extension in and getting rid of my router table...

Going to get rid of the clamp rack I built and put the clamps on a wall somewhere.

I'm also seriously thinking of throwing out my big ole workbench and downsizing it to something useful...

Once I get done with this half of the shop, it's time to attach the other side...

Well, Look what I got in my email box today...

Dear Valued Customer,

We offered the Work Sharp 2000 / 3000 on our site at a closeout price
during our Clearance Event promotion. Due to an overwhelming response
for the item, we regrettably oversold and subsequently cancelled your
order. On behalf of the entire Homedepot.com team, we sincerely
apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue has caused.

We value your business and would like an opportunity to better serve
you. To make this right, we have partnered with Professional Tools /
Darex to secure inventory to fulfill your original order. This inventory
will become available over the next 30 business days. If you are still
interested in the item, please contact our Homedepot.com Resolutions
Team at 1-877-467-3057 within the next 10 days and reference your
original order number. Hours of operation are Monday ? Friday 7:00 a.m.
? 8:00 p.m. Saturday/Sunday 8:00 a.m. ? 5:00 p.m., CST. We are awaiting
your call and look forward to serving you.

Thank you for shopping at homedepot.com.

Sincerely,