Work Sharp 3000 at the depot

If anyone is not going to take advantage of the reorder offer by HD, I'd be happy to step into your place.
PM me if that happens.
Thanks.

Some weird things going on with that company:dunno: A few months ago they had to apologize to their distributors for selling direct to the consumer at prices way below distributor cost.
I bought the 2000 (which works great) with a free knife sharpening jig for around $45.
Not sure what's going on with their management:huh:

I am awaiting 6 AM here so I can call and re-up my order.

It is interesting what is being said on various forums. This is a serious customer service gaff, and not the first one on the part of Home Depot. I suspect the shareholders may have some interesting questions of management. If they don't, then they deserve the management they have.

It is right that they are making good on the confirmed orders. But it doesn't do much for their bottom line. And their bottom line very much affects their employees. I know the people who work at the Home Depot closest to me. They NEED their jobs. This is truly stupid management.

Some one has an avatar concerning artificial intelligence unable to trump stupidity. This would seem to make that point.

honesty from a company!!!

what wrong with a company explaining the facts that made a confusing situation right with its possible customers??? better than sayun hey it was typo and letting the customers go of upset..

Well, I called.

They are having "problems" with their system this morning.

They are to call me back.

It seems their 'system' has morning problems. The supervisor is working on it.

It's pregnant??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's interesting. If the contents of that posting are correct:

The mistake seems to have occurred on the Home Depot side of things. First the computer glitch that caused the offering and the subsequent CS issues blaming Worksharp for the problems.

Worksharp is making sure that everyone knows where and what the mistakes were. I'd be interested to know if Worksharp is "helping" Home Depot with the price on the units involved or Home Depot is eating the balance.

I think this speaks well of Home Depot at the upper management level. They offered something on their website and will take a beating due to issues with their website/inventory handling systems. Their online system didn't react properly to the HUGE volume of Worksharp orders and close out the special once they depleted there in-stock inventory. You can bet that there have been some serious discussions on this subject between Upper Management and the IT group supporting the Home Depot web presence. Heads could roll for this.

Again - all of the above assumes that the contents of the Worksharp posting is correct and true.

Now I'm kicking myself for NOT ordering because I'm a pessimist and figured that they would just cancel the orders. I hate it when my value system gets challenged like this.

How many slightly used WS3000's will show up on CL and Classified Ad's in the next few weeks?

Cheers

Jim

What a fiasco. I'll have to make do with my 2000, and be glad that it's actually in my hands as opposed to waiting for weeks. I wish it could use the glass disks, but otherwise I think I'll be okay.

Some weird things going on with that company:dunno: A few months ago they had to apologize to their distributors for selling direct to the consumer at prices way below distributor cost.
I bought the 2000 (which works great) with a free knife sharpening jig for around $45.
Not sure what's going on with their management:huh:

I am trying to stay out of all this but will toss in one thought (with 5 parts:rofl:). I think it is really unfortunate that this fiasco comes on the heels of the 50%-off mess. Darex brought the 50%-off issue on themselves, were very open about what happened and learned a valuable lesson on the power of special interest groups (us woodworkers) and the internet.

The fact that Home Depot had another of their many goof-ups and that it involved the Worksharp has got to be extremely painful for Darex. From my interactions with them, I do not see the Worksharp folks as an unstable outfit and the timing is unfortunate. Despite also selling the Drill Doctor, Darex is not some huge conglomerate. They are a readily available group of folks trying to sell and support some decent products. If HD had fouled up on the Drill Doctor would we still pound Darex?

Anyway, that's enough out of me. Glad each company stepped up when it was their goof. I would like to think that this is a sign of change for the BORG. Wouldn't that be something? :)

Last edited:
I for one will go out of my way to support Darex... Family owned, American Made tools that work exceptionally well... what's not to like. Home Depot gets points also... I love Ridgid tools, so I'm kinda a captive customer...

Well i missed this deal however I will contribute a couple of thoughts.

Larry made a comment on the Canadian forum in the link that Darren posted which i think says a lot.

I admire the leadership shown by the President Hank O'Dougherty. Instead of hiding behind it and waiting for it to blow over he came out and told it like it is.

I do think he should have posted it though on every woodworking forum and if they do not have a list of all of them by now well then they don't deserve any sympathy.

Its admirable that he recognizes the spill over from one country to the other and is acknowledging it in the right place.

Glenn makes a point that to me highlights the enormous changes coming about in society around the world as a result of people being able to connect and share through forums like this.

I have not seen a big shot from HD do this yet.

The is a new era upon us that these leaders need to realize. Transparency, accountability and accessibility and participation is the order of the day and if they aint up for it the shareholders will need to find a new guy.

Its tough to expect it all from a guy in this position but they need to realize the rules have changed and they are today governed by the customer and the customer now has a new loud voice. Never before have the words "word of mouth" meant so much. In a matter of minutes a single person can reach thousands with their bad experience.

In a discussion recently involving a senior Walmart exec, their view appears to be that any transgression in poor service or behavior on the corporations part can be overcome if they have the lowest price for the consumer. How these large organizations treat small suppliers leaves a lot to be desired.

There is going to come a time when we as individuals will have to decide whether the few dollar savings we make shopping at these extortionists is going to be worth the arrogant and abusive treatment they have been known to display.

Its a real good feeling that they are waking up to our voice. All i expect is integrity, ethics and transparency. Its time they work on regaining our respect. Thin promises in television ads dont cut it for me anymore.

Glad all you guys got the deal honored. :thumb: