Had a Holmes moment today

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I started the day out cleaning the shop and the workbench and one thing led to another. The previous owner had finished about 4' of the wall from the bench up with studs, insulation, and OSB. Needing to finish the lower 4' I had considered just patching it in, but in the end I decided to just rip it all out and start over. In the end I'll have better support for my cabinets, electrical ran where I need it, and a cleaner look.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 315
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 313
Ah, a clean sheet of paper. In the long run you'll surely be better off just putting in what you want instead of cobbling something onto someone else's half-done job. :thumb:

Darren when you re-insulate that make sure that the insulation is in full contact with the metal. If you don't the will sweat. Best bet would be to spray foam it if you can.

I guess it's all about frame of reference. When I saw the phrase "Holmes moment", I was thinking Sherlock Holmes, as in "You see, Watson. But you do not observe!" ;)

So there I was, searching the picture for some telling detail I may have missed! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I guess it's all about frame of reference. When I saw the phrase "Holmes moment", I was thinking Sherlock Holmes, as in "You see, Watson. But you do not observe!" ;)

So there I was, searching the picture for some telling detail I may have missed! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

That's funny Bill. I just watched the Sherlock Holmes flick on HBO the other day and I thought the same thing.:D

Then I opened the post and realize it was Mike "make it right" Holmes.